Add a dash of flavour to your Holi celebrations with a special laal maas recipe.
- 1 kg mutton curry cut
- 100 ml refined oil
- Salt to taste
- 200 gm onions
- 5 gm black cardamom
- 5 gm bay leaf
- 5 gm cinnamon stick
- 5 gm green cardamom
- 50 gm ginger garlic paste
- 50 gm Deggi mirch
- 25 gm chilli paste
- 100 gm tomato puree
- 25 gm coriander powder
- Take oil in a pan, add whole spices and let it crackle.
- Add sliced onions and cook it till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste.
- Add mutton, salt and cook. Put Deggi mirch, chilli paste and coriander powder, mix well.
- Add 1 litre hot water to the pan and let the mutton cook. When the mutton is almost cooked, add tomato puree.
- Top with fresh green coriander and desi ghee when ready.
Gaurav Misra is the executive chef at The Westin Pushkar Resort & Spa.