We asked you, dear readers to share tips, suggestions and stories of how you are preventing coronavirus.
Rediff reader DS Haridas shares a list of precautionary measures he follows while stepping out:
Here are some precautions I take while shopping:
1. I avoid exchanging paper currency. Similarly, coins are washed with soap or sanitised.
2. I avoid going out to buy groceries or supplies every day. I plan and step out once a week. You can try to designate one person in the family/neighbourhood to do it.
3. I place all shopping bags inside near the entrance on a newspaper. I then carefully wash each item before storing them in the refrigerator or storage area.
4. You may ask your vendor to pack veggies in two layered bags, like I do. This way, you can avoid touching the vegetables.
5. All packets and pouches also need to be washed well. You can clean them with diluted soap water before using or storing them away.
6. I keep grains and other packaged bags in sunlight for a day. If you have a balcony or unused open space, you may store them there for 24 hours at least.
7. Even though it is summer, I try and avoid drinking cold water. Instead I have warm water. It is good for the throat.
8. I gargle with warm water twice a day -- in the morning and evening.
9. Preferably go out in the morning before taking a bath. When you enter your home, remember to go straight to the bathroom. Do not touch any person or object. Ask someone to open the door for you and keep fresh clothes ready for you to change into.
10 While stepping out, I try and carry newspaper squares like a tissue paper. I use this to wipe my hands after touching something and then dispose them after using it.
Disclaimer: The views and suggestions expressed in this article solely belong to the author and Rediff.com does not endorse them in any manner. You are advised to seek expert help before following any of the above mentioned tips.
Dear readers, how are you dealing with the lockdown and keeping the virus away?
Share your smart tips, ideas and suggestions with us and we will publish the best ones.
You can also get your children to share a drawing describing the current situation in the country or how to keep coronavirus away.
Don't forget to share your photograph. We'll publish the best responses right here on Rediff.com.