behind the Chinnaswamy blasts in Bengaluru and Jama masjid explosion in New Delhi.
Interpol issued the Red Corner notice against 28-year-old Mehmood on a request from the Central Bureau of Investigation for offences of terrorism and crimes involving the use of weapons and explosives, the official website of the international police said.
Mehmood, who is understood to have been detained in Saudi Arabia pending a formal request from India for his deportation, is alleged to have played a role in conspiracy
behind the Chinnaswamy blasts at Bengaluru on April 17, 2010.
He is likely to be deported shortly from there, official sources said.
They said that according to the terrorists of the banned outfit Indian Mujahideen arrested during last nine months, he allegedly played a role in the September 2010 Jama masjid blasts.
His wife Nikhat Parveen approached the Supreme Court on Wednesday seeking a direction to the government to trace the whereabouts of her husband, who was allegedly picked up by Indian intelligence agencies from their residence in Saudi Arabia.
A bench of justices K S Radhakrishnan and J S Khehar had issued notices to the ministries of home and external affairs seeking their response by June 1, when the woman's plea would be taken up for hearing.
The wife had pleaded that the government should reveal the whereabouts of her husband, an engineer hailing from Darbhanga in Bihar.
She claimed that her husband was picked up on May 13 for purported terror links, from their home in Saudi Arabia, where he had been working for the last five years.