Lover's recipe: Bread Swirls
Is your partner a whiz in the kitchen? Share his/her best recipe -- according to you -- with us.
Recently we invited you to share your partner's best recipes. Srinivas Viswanatham shares his wife P Satyasree's Bread Swirls recipe.
- 5 bread slices
- 1 cup boiled potato
- 3/4 cup chopped boiled veggies(carrot,peas,cauliflower)
- 2 chopped green chilli
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1/2 tsp channa masala
- 3 tbsp mozzarala cheese
- Salt to taste
For the Stuffing
- Mash all the above ingredients except bread and cheese to a smooth paste n keep aside
For the bread sheet
- Remove the sides of the bread and join them with little water edge to edge overlaping 1 cm. Now use a rolling pin flatten the bread gently.
Preparing the Bread Swirls
- Now spread the stuffing evenly on the bread sheet and leave the last 1 cm for sealing.
- Sprinkle the cheese on the stuffing n roll it slowly from one end and seal the end gently with little water.
- Wrap it plastic sheet n freeze for 30 min.After 30 min unwrap it n cut the roll into thin slices of 1 cm thickness.
- Toast each slice on a tawa with medium flame till golden brown on both the sides or in a preheated oven with 375F to bake 7 mins each side or till golden brown
You delightful bread swirls are ready and can be served with tomato ketchup
Have a recipe to share? Write in to email@example.com (subject line: 'My partner's best recipe') with a photograph of the dish if possible and we'll publish the best entries right here on rediff.com!
Image: Bread Swirl