Lover's recipe: Fried ice cream pakora
Is your partner a whiz in the kitchen? Share his/her best recipe -- according to you -- with us.
Recently we invited you to share your partner's best recipes. Here Mahi Gupta shares her husband Anil's Fried Ice Cream pakora recipe.
- Ice Cream - 4 Scoops
- Cornflakes (Not The Sweetened Kind) -A Couple Of Cups
- Vegetable Oil - For Deep Frying
- Egg - 1
- Cinnamon Sugar - For Dusting
- On a plate, spread out about half of the cornflakes, and working one at a time, roll each of the four scoops of ice cream in the cornflakes until they are well coated.
- Transfer the coated ice cream scoops to a clean plate and let them rest in the freezer for at least 2 hours to firm up the ice cream.
- After 2 hours, whisk your egg in a bowl, spread the remaining cornflakes on your cornflake plate and take your ice cream scoops out of the freezer.
- Gently transfer a single scoop to the egg bowl, and turn it until the scoop is completely coated in egg. Transfer the egg coated ice cream scoop to the cornflakes plate and roll it around to form a second layer of cornflakes over the ice cream. Roll it around well to ensure a solid and unbroken coating of cornflakes.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 scoops and then return the ice cream balls to the freezer for at least another 2 hours before frying. (These can be made up to a couple of days before hand and let in the freezer until needed.)
- When ready to serve, heat up 3 inches of vegetable oil in a deep fryer to a medium 350. You can also use a thermometer and a very stable heavy pot to deep fry if you don't have a fryer at home just be a little careful is all
- When the oil has pre-heated, gently drop a single coated ice cream scoop in and let it fry for about 30 seconds or until it has just colored slightly. Roll it in cinnamon sugar and transfer to a dessert plate for serving.
- Repeat with the remaining ice cream scoops. (Don't try to do them all at once you will cool the oil too much and end up with greasy ice cream!) Top with a little whipped cream and enjoy!
Have a recipe to share? Write in to email@example.com (subject line: 'My partner's best recipe') with a photograph of the dish if possible and we'll publish the best entries right here on rediff.com!
Image: Fried ice cream pakora