Reshma Aslam tells us how to start the day with pancakes.
- Breakfast recipe: How to make Tuna Fish Sandwich
- Breakfast recipe: How to make Oatmeal with fruits
- Breakfast recipe: How to make Omelette Muffin
Pancakes have always been a special way to start your mornings!
There is nothing more enticing than indulging in fluffy pancakes layered with strawberries, fresh cream and maple syrup.
Here's the recipe:
Strawberry Cream Pancake
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 3 tbsp butter (for frying pancakes)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Take a mixing bowl and add flour.
- Add powdered sugar and melted butter. Mix well.
- Pour milk and mix.
- Add egg and whisk the mixture well until you get a smooth batter. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add butter. When it melts, add a spoonful of the batter.
- Fry it on a medium flame.
- Once bubbles start forming, flip it and fry the other side till it turns golden.
- Remove the fried pancake.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Take a serving plate.
- Stack three to four pancakes one over the other.
- Top it up with strawberries, fresh cream and maple syrup.
Note: You can replace strawberries with any other seasonal fruit.
*Lead image used for representational purposes only.
Have an interesting breakfast recipe to share?
Simply e-mail your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Breakfast Recipe) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph of the recipe, if possible.
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and India Abroad.
Loved this recipe? Click here for more interesting recipes and food features!