Actor Sanjay Dutt, serving a 42-month sentence in the 1993 Bombay blasts case, has sought to be let out on parole for treatment of an undisclosed medical condition, Yerawada jail authorities said on Tuesday.
Sanjay's lawyer Farhana Shah pleaded that the actor was a brand ambassador of a company's product and was required to be in South Africa to attend a function.
The actor has to play a balancing game between his various shooting schedules.
The bad boys of Bollywood reunite again.
Film folk visited Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde's residence for Ganpati darshan over the weekend.
Fatima is on holiday... Nimrat says a prayer... Sanjay is grateful for the 'rock of his life'...
Sanjay Dutt's 'parole favours' are bound to evoke public anger in abundance when one considers the fact although the Bollywood star has been granted parole thrice in nine months, the authorities across the country have considered only 228 out of a total 4,146 parole applications filed in the last four years. And if that's not enough, the state Maharashtra has a dubious record in terms of granting parole as it has considered only 8 out of 150 applications since 2010. Vicky Nanjappa reports.
The most awaited trailer of the year has been released and it looks amazing.
According to a report appearing in the February 14 edition of Mid Day, Dutt said he wanted to be on the 'side of the law'.
Deposing as a witness in the case of alleged Bollywood-underworld nexus, the actor also denied his alleged telephonic talk with Shakeel.
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, who is currently serving his five year jail term after being convicted in the 1993 bomb blasts case, on Friday made it clear that he had never filed for pardon with the Maharashtra governor nor had he requested anyone else to do so on his behalf.
A court in Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday summoned actor Sanjay Dutt on April 24 in connection to the case filed against him, for his jadoo ki jhappi and pappi (magical hug and kiss) remark on Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, during last year's Lok Sabha polls.Chief Judicial Magistrate Anirudh Kumar Tewari issued the summons for Dutt's appearance when the charge-sheet filed in the case came up before the court.
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, serving a five-year sentence at the Yerwada central prison in Pune was released early on Thursday morning.
Here's what your favourite celebrities have been up to.
In a relief to Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, the Supreme Court on Wednesday granted four weeks time to the actor to surrender to undergo remaining three-and-a-half- year jail term for illegally possessing firearms in connection with the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case.
The actor, presently serving a three and half year-old sentence in a Pune jail, turns 54 today.
Expelled Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh and Lok Sabha Member of Parliament from Rampur Jaya Prada on Tuesday met Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan to seek pardon for actor Sanjay Dutt. Dutt, who has already spent 18 months behind bars, was on Thursday sentenced to five years imprisonment in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case.
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt has moved the Supreme Court, seeking suspension of his conviction in 1993 Mumbai serial blasts to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
There is little doubt that Sanjay Dutt is much changed from the man he was in the early 1990s. Then, it was whispered throughout the film studios of Bombay -- as it then was -- that he was unreliable, even dangerous. When he was arrested for the possession of illegal arms in the same week as his big-budget movie Khalnaayak (Villain) was released, more than a few people raised their eyebrows at the coincidence.
The actor has already finished dubbing for Zanjeer and resumed shooting for Policegiri today.
Following the upholding of the sentencing of film star Sanjay Dutt to five years imprisonment by the Supreme Court in 1993 Mumbai blasts case, Press Council of India chief Justice Markandey Katju has appealed to Maharashtra Governor K Sankarnarayanan to pardon the actor.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected actor Sanjay Dutt's plea seeking suspension of his conviction in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case to contest the Lok Sabha elections as the Samajwadi Party's candidate from Lucknow.
Sanjay Dutt's film, Charles & I seems to be embroiled in controversy after Charles Sobhraj threatened to sue the film's producers. The shooting was to start in February next year.
Actor Sanjay Dutt, who is on bail in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case, on Thursday got the Supreme Court's permission to extend his foreign visit by two weeks to fulfil his commitments as United Nations' Goodwill Ambassador on malnutrition.
Actor Sanjay Dutt, who has been sentenced to five years in jail for illegal possession of weapons in a case linked to the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts, on Monday moved the Supreme Court seeking more time to surrender.
Justifying the Samajwadi Party's move to declare actor Sanjay Dutt's candidature for Lok Sabha polls, party's Mumbai unit president Abu Azmi on Tuesday said that Dutt was not a criminal.Asked about the reason behind his party offering a Lok Sabha ticket to the actor, Azmi said, "The Congress has done injustice to Dutt and therefore Samajwadi Party has announced his name."
Actor Sanjay Dutt, who has to undergo three-and-a-half years in jail in the Mumbai serial blasts case, on Thursday said he believed in judiciary and would explore legal options after going through the Supreme Court verdict. "I still believe in judiciary. My family is with me and I am still strong," he said in his first reaction to the judgment upholding his conviction in the 1993 case.
Actor Sanjay Dutt was very tense since Wednesday as he waited for the Supreme Court judgement on the 1993 Mumbai blasts case the next day.
Ram Gopal Varma lashes out against his Department actor.
Dutt is serving the remaining 42-month jail term for possessing illegal firearms, part of the cache of weapons which were supposed to be used during the 1993 bombings.
A Ganesh Nadar writes an open letter to President Pranab Mukherjee requesting him to pardon the Bollywood actor currently in jail for possessing an AK 56 in 1993.
The application filed by Dutt sought a direction for the release of his passport to visit Malaysia, Thailand and United States. The actor, who was granted regular bail on November 27 last, was directed to surrender his passport and the apex court had said that he could not leave the country without its permission. Dutt was convicted under the Arms Act for possessing illegal weapons. He was absolved of the serious offence under TADA.
The actor is currently spending quality time with his family and is in no mood to work.
The Dutts love holidays and pictures!
In a candid chat, Sanjay Dutt talks about working with Ram Gopal Varma, how he is enjoying fatherhood and why politics is not meant for celebrities.
Actor Sanjay Dutt, who has been sentenced to six years' imprisonment for possessing illegal arms in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case, was on Monday granted interim bail by the Supreme Court.
'Did you hear anybody express any sympathy for Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam, who has been receiving threats for the better part of the past decade?'
The actor left for Mumbai earlier this morning.
A policeman carries out a security check on actor Sanjay Dutt as he arrives at the Terrorist And Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act court in Mumbai on Thursday.