Shai Hope, and his brother Kyle Hope have been ruled out of the upcoming Super50 Cup
Jason Holder appealed fellow cricketers to shun 'territorial' mindset and come together
West Indies have dropped experienced but out-of-form batsman Ramnaresh Sarwan from their 13-member squad for the third cricket Test against India starting in Roseau, Dominica on Wednesday.
West Indies opening batsman Xavier Marshall has tested positive for a banned substance, a senior cricket board official said. Jamaican Marshall and Tonito Willett from Leeward Islands tested positive last month at a camp to pick the side to face England in the Stanford Twenty20 winner-take-all $20 million (11.1 million pound) match on November 1, a report said.
West Indies opening batsman Xavier Marshall has tested positive for a banned substance
West Indies wicketkeeper Ridley Jacobs, who retired last week, has been praised as a role model.
Brian Lara said he took to golf to release from the pressures of playing a team sport (cricket).
The flamboyant Chris Gayle is unlikely to get a farewell Test match against India after being overlooked in the 13-strong West Indies squad for the two-Test series, starting August 22 at North Sound, in Antigua.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India treasurer Aniruddh Chaudhry has questioned COA member Diana Edulji benefitting from a one-time ex-gratia payment given to women international cricketers, implying conflict of interest in the allocation.