The FIA has announced a ten-year freeze on engine development, from 2008-2017.
Outgoing Formula One champion Sebastian Vettel and Australian team mate Daniel Ricciardo were sent to the back of the grid at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Saturday after stewards ruled Red Bull had used an illegal front wing.
Motor racing chief Max Mosley, fighting to keep his job after a sex scandal, defended his behaviour, saying he is "the victim of a disgusting conspiracy". In a letter addressed to Peter Meyer, head of Germany's ADAC Automobile Club, the International Automobile Federation (FIA) president said his actions had been "harmless and completely legal".
Triple world champion Jackie Stewart defended McLaren on Tuesday after Formula One's governing body opened an investigation into the team's Monaco Grand Prix victory.
The Grand Prix is scheduled for September 28 on public roads around the downtown Marina Bay area, making it Formula One's first street race in Asia.
McLaren have formally lodged an appeal against the decision not to penalise three drivers in the Brazilian Grand Prix because of fuel irregularities.
The FIA has been tasked with probing various allegations of funding by Research and Analysis Wing to MQM.
Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone described abuse of Lewis Hamilton in Spain as an "isolated incident".
Bleeding Indian carriers, which suffered another setback in the form of a 7 per cent-hike in aviation turbine fuel (ATF) prices on Tuesday, have decided against raising fares this month. This is the first time this year that the carriers are not increasing prices in spite of a hike in ATF rates.
McLaren were stripped all of their points in the 2007 Formula One constructors championship and fined $100 million in the spying case.
Ron Dennis likened his Italian Grand Prix weekend to a "difficult, emotional rollercoaster" and even as he said it, the McLaren boss knew that the stomach-churning ride was far from over.
The Formula One season will stretch to 19 races next year with Abu Dhabi making its debut as the final Grand Prix in mid-November, the sport's governing body said on Wednesday. The International Automobile Federation (FIA) published the draft calendar, which starts in Australia on March 29 and has one more race than in 2008.
Lewis Hamilton will have to pay $335,700 for his licence to race in Formula One in 2008.
Renualt's Fernando Alonso alleged the FIA was helping Michael Schumacher win his eighth world championship.
Formula One will be badly damaged if 'grubby' legal manoeuvring leads to Kimi Raikkonen losing his title to McLaren's Lewis Hamilton in a courtroom, Ferrari's lawyer said.
Poland's Robert Kubica will be replaced in the US Grand Prix by German teenager Sebastian Vettel after failing a medical.
'It is clear that McLaren's actions during the 2007 Monaco Grand Prix were entirely legitimate and no further action is necessary,' the FIA said on its web site.
Driver line-ups and race numbers for the 2006 season after the governing International\nAutomobile Federation issued the official entry list.
Saving money, energy and resources and reducing waste is now top of the agenda for a sport famed in the past for profligate spending and conspicuous consumption.
Lewis Hamilton's hopes of securing the Formula One title in China this weekend could be scuppered by a video posted on the Internet.
McLaren accepted an unprecedented $100 million fine and loss of all their 2007 constructors' points.
McLaren may be willing to take a $100 million hit in the interests of Formula One, team boss Ron Dennis said.
Ferrari welcomed on Thursday a ruling by Formula One's governing body that stripped McLaren of their constructors' points and effectively handed the title to the Italian team.
Nico Rosberg had his Formula One world championship lead over Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton cut to one point after the German was demoted from second to third place in the British Grand Prix on Sunday.
Formula One leaders McLaren have accused rivals Ferrari of running an illegal car at the start of the season and making 'grossly misleading' statements in a spy controversy overshadowing the championship.
A summary of sports events and persons who made news on Friday
French Formula One driver Jules Bianchi remains unconscious but has begun a programme of rehabilitation therapy, his family said in a statement on Tuesday.
After Formula One's expected high profile entry into the country, Indian motorsport fans may get the opportunity to have a glimpse of A1GP race by 2009.
India is working with its mission in Pakistan to prepare a strong response against granting of bail to LeT commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, one of the masterminds of the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
Formula One will have simpler, cheaper and noisier engines from 2021 as part of a "road map" for the future presented to teams on Tuesday that could entice new manufacturers to enter the sport.
TV footage showed Zardari coming out of his house and embracing his younger daughter Aseefa before getting into a black Landcruiser.
Formula One teams will no longer be allowed to run three cars at Grand Prix practice sessions from next season.
McLaren's Fernando Alonso has been cleared to travel to Malaysia.
Vijay Mallya, who is being pursued by Indian authorities over unpaid loans tied to his defunct Kingfisher Airlines, has taken steps that could see India disappear from the name of his Formula One team.
Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher turned 50 on Thursday with Formula One and his fans paying tribute to the sport's most successful driver with a mixture of celebration and sorrow.
Formula One's 2016 tyre rules, giving more choice on the selection of compounds and strategy, have left even some drivers confused.
The International Automobile Federation wrote to all 11 teams after the race at Magny-Cours expressing concern that such devices 'may impair the forward and/or lateral vision of the driver'.