It is believed that the government has decided to try the accused in a special anti-terrorism court and the proceedings are expected to be held in-camera. Reports suggested that the trial could be held at the high-security Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi. This decision is believed to have been influenced by the close links that existed earlier between the LeT and the Pakistani security establishment.
Lashkar-e-Tayiba operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, the suspected Mumbai attacks mastermind, and communications expert Zarar Shah are in Pakistan's custody, said sources.The Federal Investigation Agency had lodged an FIR against them in connection with the 26 11 terror strikes. Both Lakhvi, Shah and Hamad Ameen Sadiq, a key terrorist linked to the Mumbai terror attack, are linked to the LeT and have been named in the FIR lodged by the FIA.
Formula One has banned from next week's Singapore Grand Prix all radio communications that help improve the performance of the car or driver in a move that could add another twist to the title battle between Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton.
International Automobile Federation (FIA) President Max Mosley is cool on the idea of staging a Formula One Grand Prix in Rome.
The prospect of Ferrari pulling out of Formula One at the end of the year receded on Friday when the champions joined all the other teams in signing up conditionally for 2010.
Formula One teams will meet FIA president Max Mosley Friday with champions Ferrari and other manufacturers threatening to walk away from the sport at the end of the season.
Formula One's governing body has urged teams to build on cost-cutting measures for this year by taking further steps for the future, including possible voluntary budget caps.
Ferrari will quit Formula One at the end of this season if plans for a budget cap for 2010 are not abandoned, the champions said on Tuesday.
Formula One could live without Ferrari if they were to walk away in protest at the introduction of a budget cap, according to International Automobile Federation (FIA) president Max Mosley. He made clear that he would not be backing down over allowing teams to compete with a voluntary 40 million pound ($59.56 million) cap in 2010 in exchange for greater technical freedom than others remaining with unrestricted budgets.
Seven-times world champion Michael Schumacher could come out of retirement to drive for Ferrari next year if the FIA (International Automobile Federation) governing body allows the team to run a third car. The 40-year-old Schumacher, who retired in 2006, cancelled plans for a temporary return to the sport earlier this month because of fitness concerns.
Formula One's rulers gather in the millionaires' playground of Monaco on Friday to steer the sport away from its profligate past and towards a more cost-conscious future. With teams battered by the credit crunch and stunned by Honda's decision to quit, the FIA's world motor sport council is expected to rubber-stamp measures agreed on Wednesday to rein in spending.
Double world champion Fernando Alonso said on Tuesday he would think about quitting Formula One if the sport adopted a standard engine from 2010. Champions Ferrari, who could well figure in Alonso's future, and Toyota have already said they will consider pulling out if standard engines are imposed.
The French Motor Sports Federation (FFSA) confirmed on Wednesday that the country's troubled Formula One Grand Prix would remain on next year's calendar. The FFSA has a contract to run the race until 2011 but Ecclestone is eager to move it from the rural circuit to a track closer to Paris.
This year's Formula One title will go to the driver who wins the most races rather than the most points, the sport's governing body said on Tuesday.
Ferrari will review its participation in Formula One if plans to introduce a standard engine for all teams from 2010 goes ahead, its board said in a statement on Monday. Formula One's governing body, the International Automobile Federation (FIA), said earlier this month it intends to bring in the rule to save costs.
The former Honda Formula One team has been saved and will race this season as Brawn GP under new owner Ross Brawn, the renamed team said in a statement on Friday.
A deal has been reached with Formula One teams to avoid a breakaway series next year, FIA president Max Mosley said on Wednesday. Mosley and eight teams had been at loggerheads over his plans to introduce a budget cap for 2010.
Formula One faces its biggest crisis in 40 years and must act immediately to cut costs further, International Automobile Federation (FIA) president Max Mosley said on Thursday.
Lewis Hamilton said he was disappointed but not depressed Tuesday after a court rejected McLaren's appeal to have the Formula One leader reinstated as Belgian Grand Prix winner.
Formula One's governing body has ditched a controversial rule that led to drivers being penalised for pitting during the early stages of the safety car being deployed in a race. The revised rule will now allow the pits to stay open, with new software regulating the speed of drivers returning to refuel.
McLaren's attempt to reinstate Lewis Hamilton as Belgian Grand Prix winner will be heard by Formula One's court of appeal in Paris on September 22, the governing FIA said on Friday. Championship leader Hamilton was stripped of victory after race stewards at Spa ruled he had gained an advantage from cutting a chicane while challenging Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen for the lead.
Kenyan Surinder Thathi, one of the three stewards at the Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday where British driver Lewis Hamilton was stripped of victory, said on Tuesday there was no conspiracy against the McLaren team. "There was no conspiracy against anybody, McLaren included. We acted professionally and within the FIA rules. Hamilton took a short cut inside of the corner while off the track," Thathi said.
The former champions have been summoned to appear before Formula One's governing body on a charge of having McLaren technical information in their possession.
Formula One teams will cut their costs by almost a third next year under a package of measures approved on Friday to secure the sport's future in the face of the global credit crunch. The governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) said in a statement that independent teams would see engine costs halved in 2009.
Jenson Button will be favourite to clinch a third win in three races at this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix after the row over the legality of his Brawn GP car's diffuser was settled in the team's favour.
Ferrari agreed on Friday to end legal action against McLaren over last year's spy scandal for the good of Formula One.
Ferrari agreed on Friday to end legal action against McLaren over last year's spy scandal for the good of Formula One.
MRTPC has suspected cartelisation amongst low-cost fliers over fixing of air fairs. It has called for a probe into the matter.
Six-time national rally champion Naren Kumar will debut for an Indian team, 'Team Sidvin India', in the 2008 FIA World Rally Championship, in the Production Class in June, in Greece.
The Ferrari driver was confirmed as 2007 F1 world champion after a court rejected a McLaren appeal that could have handed Lewis Hamilton the title instead.
An inquiry had been launched with officials under fire for issuing CNICs without legitimate documentation.
The fact is that some of the 999 championship races thus far have been questionable Grands Prix and several past race winners never even drove a Formula One car.
Fisichella joins Force India for its debut F1 season, bringing extensive Formula One know-how to the team. A veteran of 12 FIA Formula One World Championship seasons, with three victories and almost 300 points to his credit, his experience will help the team achieve its long-term aims.
India's National Stock Exchange has emerged as the fastest-growing bourse among the world's ten largest derivative exchanges as its total traded volumes nearly doubled in 2007. NSE registered a growth of 95.32 per cent in its F&O volume in 2007 to close to 380 million as against about 194 million in 2006. NSE's growth was the quickest among the ten largest derivative exchanges, followed by 50.36 per cent increase in trading volumes at Bolsa de Mercadorias & Futuros of Brazil.
The Formula One season starts in Melbourne on March 16 with drivers adapting to cars without traction control and some new rules.
Stewards summoned Lewis Hamilton after complaints about his erratic driving behind the safety car in a wet Japanese Grand Prix.
A summary of sports events and sports persons, who made news on Wednesday
The visit of CBI Director Vijay Shankar to Pakistan was cancelled following the car bomb blast outside the Indian Mission in Kabul and India accusing Pakistan of the Inter Services Intelligence's role in the same. Shankar was slated to leave for Islamabad on Monday along with a team of officials from the home and external affairs ministries for a meeting with Pakistan's Federal Investigating Agency.
Formula One's governing body warned on Thursday that the sport is "becoming unsustainable" and invited teams to come up with new rules to slash costs and halve fuel consumption by 2015. Mosley said the matter is urgent, with the teams' proposals needing to be ready within three months and the FIA prepared to step in and prepare new rules for 2011 if a majority of the teams did not show agreement.
Formula One breathed a sigh of relief on Sunday after the sport's new 'halo' head protection device saved Charles Leclerc from what might have been a potentially serious impact.