Authorities on Tuesday old the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act court that they are contemplating shifting the suspected Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative and key plotter of 26/11 terror strikes Abu Jundal from Arthur Road jail in Mumbai to a facility at Taloja in Navi Mumbai.
Observing that politicians like Raj Thackeray do not deserve any importance, the Bombay high court on Monday refused to hear a contempt petition filed against the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief while hinting that media make such leaders big by giving them publicity.
A petition was today filed in the Bombay high court seeking direction to the city police to register an FIR against Mumbai police chief and others over a poem in their house journal which termed last year's Azad Maidan protesters as "snakes" and "traitors" whose hands should be "chopped off".
Mumbai terror attacks handler Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, who is lodged at the Arthur Road jail in the megapolis, is in a serious condition, according to his advocate Ejaz Naqvi.
The Bombay high court on Tuesday directed the Union ministries of Law and Judiciary and information and broadcasting to file its reply on a contempt petition against MNS chief Raj Thackeray.
The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act court on Tuesday directed Arthur Road jail to file a report on the medical condition of key 26/11 handler Abu Jundal on his plea that he was 'hallucinating' about hanged terrorist Ajmal Kasab.
Ejaz Naqvi, advocate for Laila father Nadir Hussain Patel, told rediff.com that they have written to Home Minister R R Patil seeking his intervention in the matter. He also sought Patil's intervention to probe those officers who had negligently branded Laila Khan and her family as Pakistani terrorists
A local court is likely to frame charges against lashkar-e-Tayiba operative and key 26/11 handler Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal next month in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case.
The Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad has failed on three occasions to get Sabahuddin and Fahim Ansari a conviction in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks case.
The Maharashtra government on Monday decided to appeal against the Bombay high court's decision to acquit Sabahuddin and Fahim Ansari, who, according to the police, were the men who conducted a survey for the 26/11 Mumbai attacks
Describing it as "frivolous", the Bombay high court on Wednesday rejected a defence lawyer's petition seeking removal of Ujjwal Nikam as special public prosecutor in the 26/11 attacks case.
Actor Salman Khan has approached the Bombay high court challenging the process (summons) issued to him by a lower court in connection with the alleged misbehaviour with a journalist in 2019.
The 26/11 trial is expected to take an interesting turn with the counsel for Fahim Ansari contemplating the inclusion of Pakistan army chief General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani's name as the main conspirator.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation's probe into the Mumbai terror attack took an unusual twist with Faheem Ansari, one of the accused, leveling sexual harassment allegations against a lady officer of the American agency, who had reportedly interrogated him in Mumbai. Faheem has moved the court with his lawyer Ejaz Naqvi, filing an application before an Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate alleging that a lady FBI officer, had "sexually harassed him."
Ejaz Naqvi, counsel for Sabahuddin, told rediff.com that he would be filing a petition before the Supreme Court to make Headley a party to the proceedings before the Bombay high court, which is hearing a set of three appeals in connection with the 26/11 case.
Advocate Ejaz Naqvi filed his 'vakalatnama' for Faheem on Monday. Till now, no lawyer has appeared for any of the four accused in the case.
Ejaz Naqvi, advocate for Sabahuddin Ahmed, who was acquitted by the special court in the 26/11 attack case, is an elated man. "I always said that my client was not involved and the court has upheld whatever I have said. I am happy that my client has been acquitted. I believed that he is innocent and being framed in the case."
The Bombay high court on Monday refused to grant interim stay on ban on slaughter of bulls and sale of their meat during the Muslim festival of Bakri Eid.
India is not entirely satisfied with Islamabad's version of the case, says Vicky Nanjappa
Terror operative Abu Jundal's trial on December 9 is likely to open a new war of words, for his claims on another LeT operative Sajid Mir, who, Jundal has claimed that was a 'khaas aadmi' of the ISI. Vicky Nanjappa reports