News for 'Tanvir Ansari'

Mumbai blasts: Police have a long way to go

Mumbai blasts: Police have a long way to go

Rediff.com25 Jul 2006

police sources said there was no evidence so far to substantiate that the suspects have any role in the blasts.

7/11 accused retract statements

7/11 accused retract statements

Rediff.com9 Oct 2006

Police have said this is normal in such a sensitive case.

7/11 Mumbai train blasts: What role did the convicts play?

7/11 Mumbai train blasts: What role did the convicts play?

Rediff.com30 Sep 2015

On Wednesday, the special MCOCA court in Mumbai awarded death sentences to Kamal Ahamed Ansari, 37, Mohd Faisal Shaikh, 36, Ehtesham Siddiqui, 30, Naveed Hussain Khan, 30 and Asif Khan, 38, for the role they played in the 7/11 Mumbai train blasts, which claimed the lives of 188 people.

7/11 suspects booked under MCOCA

7/11 suspects booked under MCOCA

Rediff.com25 Sep 2006

Faisal Sheikh, Tanvir Ahmed, Kamal Ansari and Ehtesham Siddiqui were booked under MCOCA

2006 Mumbai train blasts case: Court likely to give verdict on Fri

2006 Mumbai train blasts case: Court likely to give verdict on Fri

Rediff.com10 Sep 2015

Nine years after seven RDX bombs kept in Mumbai suburban trains exploded killing 188 people, a Special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act court is likely to pronounce its verdict on Friday.

7 years on, trial in Mumbai train blasts puffs along on slow track

7 years on, trial in Mumbai train blasts puffs along on slow track

Rediff.com11 Jul 2013

Seven years after the Mumbai serial train blasts in which nearly 200 people were killed and over 700 injured, the trial in the case is still going on with the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act court recording the statements of the accused. "The court is now recording the statement of the accused who wanted to depose as a defence witness in the case," said advocate Sherif Sheikh, appearing for some of the accused in the case

REWIND: 11 minutes, 7 bombs and a 9-year trial

REWIND: 11 minutes, 7 bombs and a 9-year trial

Rediff.com30 Sep 2015

A Special MCOCA court has convicted 12 of the 13 accused in the July 11, 2006 Mumbai suburban train bombings in which 188 people were killed.

7/11 train blasts: All 12 convicts plead for leniency

7/11 train blasts: All 12 convicts plead for leniency

Rediff.com14 Sep 2015

All 12 convicts found guilty in the case relating to the July 11, 2006 serial train blasts, which claimed 188 lives in local trains in Mumbai, have pleaded leniency in the court on the point of sentence citing humanitarian grounds.

Sentencing in 7/11 case on Sept 30, prosecution asks for death

Sentencing in 7/11 case on Sept 30, prosecution asks for death

Rediff.com23 Sep 2015

"Considering their role, eight convicts deserve death penalty," the prosecution told the court.

12 convicted for 7/11 train blasts in Mumbai, 1 acquitted

12 convicted for 7/11 train blasts in Mumbai, 1 acquitted

Rediff.com11 Sep 2015

The case took a twist when the defence lawyer sought to call Indian Mujahideen co-founder Sadiq Sheikh as a defence witness after he told the police in 2008 that IM members were responsible for all the blasts that had occurred in India since 2005 including the July 11, 2006 train blasts.

7/11 Mumbai train blasts: 5 get death; 7 sentenced to life

7/11 Mumbai train blasts: 5 get death; 7 sentenced to life

Rediff.com30 Sep 2015

Pronouncing the verdict, the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court judge Yatin Shinde sentenced to death Faisal Sheikh, Asif Khan, Kamal Ansari, Ehtesham Sidduqui and Naveed Khan who planted the bombs in various trains.

Lifer for 26/11 plotter Abu Jundal, 6 others in arms haul case

Lifer for 26/11 plotter Abu Jundal, 6 others in arms haul case

Rediff.com2 Aug 2016

Five other convicts were also granted varying jail terms by a special MCOCA court.