This year's US Open runs from Aug. 28-Sept. 10.
A prominent New Zealand TV host, already under suspension over a race row involving the Indian-origin Governor General, has courted controversy again by deliberately mispronouncing Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit's name in a video clip.
Kolkata Knight Riders coach Brendon McCullum says it is also comforting to be at home as the world battles a pandemic, which has made isolation the new normal. He said the situation demands that everyone stays at home and maintains social distancing, the only way to curb the spread of the virus, which has caused thousands of deaths worldwide.
The Bangladesh cricket team was arriving for prayers at the mosque when the shooting occurred but all members were safe, a team coach told Reuters.
'The Biden administration will not send any diplomatic or official representation to the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympic Games given the PRC's ongoing genocide and crimes against humanity in Xinjiang and other human rights abuses.'
New Zealand Prime Minister John Key has said that the 'racist' comments made by one of the country's TV presenters about New Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has embarrassed his country. Key said that TV host Paul Henry's "poorly designed humour has ended up embarrassing New Zealand. For that I am regretful." The TVNZ breakfast host mocked the name of Sheila Dikshit by repeatedly calling her "Dick-sh*t" and claimed that her name was 'so appropriate'.
Save Women's Sport Australasia, a group opposed to transgender women competing in women's sports, said Hubbard's selection was allowed by "flawed policy from the IOC".
Tiger Woods' caddie Steve Williams thinks that focus is key for the World No.1 to succeed on his return during Augusta Masters after a scandalous four months break.
Summary of sports events and persons who made news on Saturday
"Our heartfelt condolences go out to the families and friends of those affected by the shocking situation in Christchurch. A joint decision between NZC and the @BCBtigers has been made to cancel the Hagley Oval Test. Again both teams and support staff groups are safe," the New Zealand cricket board tweeted on their Twitter handle.
The first Test between New Zealand and Pakistan is scheduled to go head this week after engineers checked the safety of the Christchurch cricket venue following a massive earthquake that rattled the centre of the country early on Monday. The powerful 7.8 magnitude earthquake pummelled central New Zealand's South Island, killing at least two people, damaging roads and buildings and setting off hundreds of strong aftershocks. It was felt strongly in Christchurch, South Island's largest city, which was hit by a 6.3 quake in 2011 that killed 185 people.
At least 49 people have been killed in terror attacks at two New Zealand mosques on Friday. The shootings at Linwood Masjid Mosque and Al Noor mosque in central Christchurch took place during Friday prayers. Describing the horrific attacks, eyewitnesses said that they saw blood and bodies everywhere.
Boult, De Grandhomme cleared to travel to Perth for first Test against Australia
Cricket teams have previously abandoned tours amid outbreaks of violence.
New Zealand all-rounder Corey Anderson was confirmed in his team's playing side for their series-deciding third and final Test against West Indies in Hamilton starting on Thursday.
A summary of sports events and persons who made news on Monday