The sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday found all the accused in the Shakti Mills gangrape cases guilty. They will be sentenced by the court later today.
The Bombay High Court on Friday asked the Directorate General of Civil Aviation to conduct an inquiry into allegations of pilots procuring flying license after submitting forged mark sheets.
The bench noted that the special investigation team was formed as the local police did not probe the case properly, and "there was a strong outburst of the common man."
The Bombay High Court has granted permission to Salman Khan, who is out on bail after being convicted in the 2002 hit-and-run case, to travel abroad for a show.
The Supreme Court on Monday ordered no coercive steps shall be taken for two weeks against Hyderabad University professor Kham Khan Suan Hausing over two complaints lodged against him in strife-torn Manipur.
Auto rickshaws, cars, jeeps, taxis and three-wheeler delivery vans would not have to pay toll
Bombay high court, describing the condition of former Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Chhagan Bhujbal as "stable".
"Does the offence of indecency and obscenity under section 110 of the Bombay Police Act stand against her (Radhe Maa) as she (Radhe Maa) claims that it happened inside four walls?" the high court asked.
A sessions court in Mumbai on Thursday held guilty three convicts in the Shakti Mills photojournalist gang rape case under an amended IPC section, which entails death penalty, for committing repeated offence.
The 18-year-old telephone operator who was allegedly gang raped in the Shakti Mills compound here on July 31 today deposed before a trial court and expressed her desire to get even with the accused who had beaten her up during the sexual assault.
Justice Shalini Phansalkar Joshi, who presides over the special court set up for cases related to the 1992 securities scam, said in her judgment last week that there was no hesitation in holding that that the prosecution had failed to prove the case beyond reasonable doubt.
Three men found guilty of gang-raping two women in the abandoned Shakti Mills in Mumbai last year were sentenced to death by a court on Friday, bringing into force for the first time the new law for repeat rape offenders.
A 28-year-old serial house breaker was on Friday sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in Mumbai for raping a Spanish woman on knife point in suburban Bandra last year.
Sadhvi, in her bail plea, claimed that she has been languishing in jail for over six years and with two probe agencies submitting contradictory findings to the court, it would not be correct to keep her in jail.
The 23-year-old photojournalist in the Mumbai gang-rape case identified her assaulters and fainted inside the court during her four-hour deposition on Thursday following which she was taken to a city hospital.
The sessions court trying the Mumbai photojournalist's gang rape case on Monday set a deadline for itself saying it would try to conclude the hearing in 60 days.
Justices S C Dharmadhikari and Shalini Phansalkar-Joshi said it will pass orders in the case on June 13 after it concluded hearing arguments on the petition filed by Phantom Films, producer of Udta Punjab, against an order of the revising committee of the Central Board of Film Certification that suggested changes in the film.
Days after sentencing four men to life term for brutalising a telephone operator in Shakti Mills compound in Mumbai, a local court on Monday framed fresh charges against the three common convicts in the 2013 photojournalist gang rape case.
The Mumbai police and the jail administration cut a sorry figure on Thursday when it was discovered that an accused in the sensational Shakti Mills compound gang-rape case had "disappeared" and could not be produced before the court but he was later found to be in prison.
Expressing anguish over the manner in which women were subjected to grave atrocities in Manipur, the Supreme Court has said that mobs use sexual violence to send a message of subordination to the other community and the state is bound to stop this.
The Bombay High Court on Thursday sought to know from Maharashtra government if it has decided to seek a CBI probe in the Govind Pansare murder case as claimed by the lawyer of family of the slain activist, even as the prosecutor said he has no such instruction so far.
The court has asked Sadhvi Pragya Thakur to pay a surety of Rs 5 lakh and surrender her passport to the National Investigation Agency.
'Today is our independence day. Udta Punjab is not just a film anymore. It is a movement and one that has ended in the victory of democracy.'