Spinner Thandi Tshabalala is the sole new cap in South Africa's squad for the two-Tests series in Sri Lanka, starting next month.
The South Africans named a 15-man squad on Tuesday for the 20-over game and the first three one-day internationals.
Boje did not take the field after tea after the breathing problems he developed on the first day of the Test recurred.
South Africa named two new caps on Tuesday and recalled spinner Nicky Boje in their 13-man squad to play England in the first Test on December 17.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) has named Dean Elgar in the list of its contracted players, in place of the retired Test captain Graeme Smith.
Former head of International Cricket Council's legal department David Becker accused BCCI president N Srinivasan of working against the interests of the game and using "manipulative tactics" to dominate the ICC.
Hashim Amla said on Wednesday he was stepping aside as South Africa's cricket Test captain with immediate effect, a day after a double century rescued his country from possible defeat in the second Test against England.
Ten South African cricket fans shared a million-rand prize after catching one-hand sixes in the recently concluded domestic cricket tournament -- The Ram Slam T20.
Cricket South Africa (CSA) have overcome their initial hesitancy and confirmed on Wednesday that the third and final Test of the tour of Australia will be a day-night fixture at Adelaide Oval starting on November 24.
South Africa pace spearhead Dale Steyn has not allowed a series-ending injury to prevent him from backing his captain Faf du Plessis over allegations of ball tampering, suggesting Australia are using the incident as an excuse for losing. Du Plessis was charged with ball tampering on Friday after Australian television pictures showed him applying saliva to the ball with a sweet in his mouth during the second test, which South Africa won to clinch the series with a match to spare. The International Cricket Council (ICC) could ban Du Plessis from one test match if he is found guilty, putting him in doubt for next week's third test in Adelaide.
Former South Africa international Gulam Bodi has been charged with attempting to fix matches in the country's domestic Twenty20 competition, the country's cricket authorities said on Thursday. Bodi, who played two one-day internationals and one Twenty20 match for the national side in 2007, has been charged with 'contriving to fix', or otherwise improperly influence aspects of the 2015 competition", they said. Cricket South Africa (CSA) said in December it were investigating an "intermediary" for betting syndicates and had laid charges. The 37-year-old, who was born in India but emigrated to South Africa as a teenager, did not feature in the tournament as a player, having last turned out in domestic cricket for the Highveld Lions in January 2015.
South Africa fast bowler Lonwabo Tsotsobe is reportedly under investigation in a match-fixing case that has already seen one of the country's former international players banned for 20 years. Tsotsobe told the Wisden India website on Thursday that he had handed over his bank account and cellphone records after being asked for them by national federation Cricket South Africa. Former South Africa limited-overs batsman Gulam Bodi wa banned last month after admitting he conspired to recruit players to fix matches, or parts of matches, in South Africa's domestic Twenty20 league last year.
If the series finally happens, then there are a couple of possibilities -- two Tests and three ODIs or only three Tests with the limited overs series being scheduled at a later date.
Veteran South African cricketer Hashim Amla has reportedly become the third player from the country to be named his country's 'Cricketer of the Year' on two occasions, when he received the award for 2012/2013 season at a gala Cricket South Africa (CSA) banquet.
South Africa's batting great Jacques Kallis announced his retirement from all formats of international cricket on Wednesday.
If the tri-series takes place, then South Africa would be left with no other option but to host India for two Tests, three ODIs and a Twenty20 international from December and ending with the New Year's Test.
Former England captain Michael Atherton gives some credence, if reluctantly, to the view that England and Australia feel they have no choice but to grant India power in a way that will encourage them to run the world game responsibly - and even suggests India has now been affected with the arrogance of old colonialism.
Cricket South Africa and Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula both on Saturday dismissed widespread social media comments that Graeme Smith had threatened to resign if he was not made the Proteas captain for the ongoing Test series against India.
The all-rounder captained South Africa at the age of 42 on their historic post-isolation limited overs tour of India in 1991, but was then controversially left out of the squad for the World Cup in Australia and New Zealand the following year.
A look at the 10 cricketers who were punished for drug related offences.
The International Cricket Council does not like the current dispute between the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and Cricket South Africa (CSA), ICC chief executive Dave Richardson said.
In a massive blow to its influence in the International Cricket Council, the Board of Control for Cricket in India was on Wednesday decimated at the global body's Board Meeting where the majority voted for a change in governance and revenue structures.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India on Thursday blamed breach of protocol by Cricket South Africa for uncertainty over the Indian team's scheduled tour to that country later this year.