The Goa police on Tuesday said it cannot rule out the possibility of American terror suspect and Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative David Headley visiting the state earlier this year but has no conclusive evidence to prove it.The national media on Tuesday, quoting officials of the Union Home Ministry, said that Headley had surveyed two prime locations in Goa -- Arambl and Anjuna beaches.
A team of officials from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the United States' Department of Justice, currently in India, will travel to Pakistan to follow up on leads about Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative David Coleman Headley's activities there. The team, which briefed Indian officials on Monday in New Delhi, will travel to Pakistan, State Department spokesman Ian Kelly said. Kelly said the FBI has been consulting closely with Pakistani authorities on this case.
US President Barack Obama believes that indictment of David Coleman Headley, a Pakistani-American charged with criminal conspiracy in Mumbaiterror attacks, is an "important day" in his effort to protect the people from terrorists.
National Investigation Agency will soon send a Letters Rogatory to Morocco for recording a statement of Pakistani-American terrorist David Headley's estranged Moroccan wife to get more evidence against him as well as LeT founder Hafeez Saeed.
In respect of all other charges relating to the Mumbai attack, Headley is the only accused. No one else has been cited as co-accused.
Indian investigators probing the link of arrested American national and Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative David Coleman Headley into the Mumbai 26/11 attacks have not stumbled upon any information regarding his local contacts while he was in India
The precision with which the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks were carried out is something that shocked the entire world. The attackers seemed to know their way around the targets -- in a similar manner as one would go about in his own home! This could have been possible, thanks to the nearly 18 hours of video footage that was made available to the ten gunmen who unleashed violence on Mumbai last year, killing scores of innocent people.
Even as a team of the Federal Bureau of Investigation gets ready to share a mammoth dossier on David Headley and Tawwahur Rana, Indian agencies are bracing themselves to gather information on the duo.
Four months after the involvement of American terror suspect David Headley in 26/11 attacks came to light, filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt's son Rahul Bhatt is still to come to terms with the "betrayal of faith" by the US national whom he now calls a "terror jackal" and an "absolute monster".
Expressing concern on the shocking revelations made by David Headley implicating the Inter Services Intelligence with 26/11 Mumbai attacks, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has urged the Central government not to suspend the composite dialogue with Pakistan.
Opposition parties, comprising of the Bharatiya Janata Party, the Left and the Samajwadi Party, sought a statement from the government on Thursday on the cooperation extended by the US in investigating the role of terror suspect David Coleman Headley in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
A federal United States court has allowed Pakistani-origin Canadian businessman Tahawwur Rana time till November 9 to file a motion against his extradition to India to face a trial in the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation team has arrived in New Delhi and is holding discussions with its Indian counterparts. The main focus of the discussion will revolve round the role played by both David Headley and Tawwahur Rana in the Mumbai 26/11 attack.
American nationals and relatives of those killed in Mumbai terror attacks want the confessed Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative David Headley to take the stand in a New York law suit they have filed against Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence for plotting the attack.
A United States court on Wednesday allowed media outlets access to parts of the video tapes, which were played during the trial of Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative David Headley's childhood friend and 26/11 attacks co-accused Tahawwur Rana.
Pakistani authorities had told United States officials that the statements given by David Headley, the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks suspect, to American investigative agencies would not carry any value in Pakistan's courts and would be treated as "hearsay with little evidentiary" value.
On the fourth anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terror strike, US Under Secretary for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman says Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative David Coleman Headley's extradition to India is under consideration in an exclusive interview with CNN-IBN
Union Home Secretary Gopal K Pillai said a Commission may even be sent to the United States for getting evidence, may be from Headley, his wife and from other people, for which it would talk to the US authorities.
Months before the Federal Bureau of Investigation finally arrested David Coleman Headley, his Moroccan wife Faiza Outalha had tried to warn the FBI about the Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative's terror links.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh raised the issue of India getting access to 26/11 plotter David Headley with President Barack Obama, who said the US was fully supportive of the request and working through legal processes for giving it.
US has said that it is yet to take a decision on Lashkar operative David Coleman Headley's extradition to India, said Robert Blake, the Obama Administration's point man for South Asia, especially India-Pakistan relations.
Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani's public relations officer on Saturday acknowledged that David Coleman Headley, a terror suspect detained in the United States, is his half-brother, but dismissed as incorrect reports that his family is related to the premier.
A top United States intelligence official has said that the probe in the Mumbai terror siege is an 'excellent example' of cooperation between India and the United States, even as Indian authorities are smarting over the US administration's refusal to hand over Pakistani-American Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative David Coleman Headley on charges related to his involvement in the 26/11 attack.
The questioning of American Lashker-e-Taiba terrorist David Headley is going to revolve around the places he had visited after the Mumbai terror attacks and the people he had remained in touch with during his stay in India. A three-member team of National Investigation Agency, which along with a public prosecutor is expected to leave for the United States on Monday.
All bottlenecks have been removed and a new team will be sent to the US to pursue the matter of India's access to David Headley, who has confessed to his involvement in the Mumbai terror attacks, Solicitor General Gopal Subramanium said on Saturday.
The issue of granting India access to Lashkar-e Tayiba operative David Headley is being taken up by the US government at the highest level, its Ambassador Timothy J Roemer said Monday as he met Home Minister P Chidambaram in New Delhi.
The home ministry will soon write to the US department of justice seeking a date for having direct access to Lashkar-e-Tayiba terrorist David Headley, who is currently under American custody.
American terror suspect David Headley arrested by the FBI for allegedly plotting terror attacks in India used to visit a golf course in Mumbai frequented by western diplomats and businessmen and is believed to have struck a rapport with them.
A Chicago court has given a 60-day deadline to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to complete its investigations and file an indictment into the foiled terror plot in India and Denmark by Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Tayiba terrorist group.
India's National Investigation Agency is probing into his role in the 26/11 attacks carried out by Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists in 2008.
Pakistani-origin American David Coleman Headley, charged by FBI of being involved in the Mumbai terror attacks, was using US as a base to plan future attacks outside the country, a top Senator said on Thursday. "I understand he was able to use the US as a base of (terror) operations," Senator Joe Lieberman, Chairman of the Senate Homeland and Security and Governmental Affairs who has received a classified briefing on the issue, said at a Congressional hearing.
The induction of David Coleman Headley, the arrested American national and a Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative, in the 26/11 case has given a whole new dimension to its ongoing trial. Legal experts say that there will be no delay in the ongoing trial against lone surviving gunmen Ajmal Kasab, and other terror accused Sabahuddin and Fahim Ansari.
The US has said it is in communication with both India and Pakistan on the case of Lashkar-e-Tayiba operatives David Coleman Headley and Tahawwur Hussain Rana, who were arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in October on charges of plotting terror attacks against Indian facilities.
A senior source in Mumbai police aggressively argued that revelations in the David Coleman Headley and Tahawwur Hussain Rana case by newly-formed National Investigation Agency and the Federal Bureau of Investigation of US is not going to affect the 26/11 case which is being heard in the special court set up at the Arthur Road jail in Mumbai.
David Headley and Tawahur Rana who had surveyed several targets in Mumbai which were attacked by the Lashkar-e-Tayiba were in Pakistan at the time of the Mumbai attack, Home secretary G K Pillai said.
Faiza Outlaha, the estranged wife of arrested Pakistani American Lashkar-e-Tayiba operative and 26/11 conspirator David Coleman Headley, is likely to be questioned by the National Investigating Agency; and for that a request has been sent out to Morocco, the country where she resides.
There appears to be a pattern in the manner that the accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks case are making statements before the court.
After the terror attacks in Mumbai last year, terror suspect Tahawwur Hussain Rana complimented members of the Lashkar-e-Tayiba, saying they had done a 'good job', United States prosecutors have alleged. According to a 10-page memo filed by United States prosecutors in a Chicago court on Monday, Rana asked co-conspirator David Coleman Headley to "pass along a message" to LeT Member A, whom Rana had given the name 'Khalid bin Waleed'.
Making it clear that no clean chit has been given to anyone so far in the Headley-Rana terror case, the government on Sunday said the probe to complete the duo's trail in India will take four to six weeks.
Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam on Wednesday said that a Letters Rogatory shall be obtained from the special Mumbai court -- where the 26/11 terror attack trial is currently going on -- seeking information about Lashkar-e-Tayiba operatives David Headley and Tahawwur Rana and their involvement in the terror strike.Letters Rogatory is 'a customary method of obtaining judicial assistance from abroad in the absence of a treaty or executive agreement between two countries.