Gennaro Gattuso has resigned as Italy manager after the national team failed to qualify for the FIFA World Cup.
Italian Football federation chief Gabriele Gravina resigned on Thursday, after the national team failed to qualify for the World Cup for the third time in a row.
Italian football is experiencing a significant crisis following the failure of its clubs in European competitions and the national team's continued absence from the World Cup.
Italy crash out of World Cup qualification for the third straight time, losing to Bosnia on penalties, sparking outrage and calls for sweeping changes.
Spalletti departed after a stint of under two years, overseeing his final match, a 2-0 victory against Moldova, just a day after revealing he had been dismissed following Italy's 3-0 defeat by Norway in their opening World Cup qualifier.
Allegri was sent off towards the end of the game for his fierce protests over refereeing decisions.
Roberto Mancini has resigned as head coach of the Italian national team.
Salvatore Schillaci, who was born in the Sicilian city of Palermo and was hospitalised there, suffered from colon cancer.
Arsenal took the race to the final day last season and are strongly tipped to end Manchester City's dominance this time.
Juventus have been deducted 15 points for the current season by an Italian soccer court investigating its transfer dealings.
Lukaku was subjected to abuse during the first leg at Juventus "before, during, and after the penalty" he scored to earn Inter a 1-1 draw, the player's representatives said.
The players and staff at Serie A clubs should be tested for coronavirus and then isolated in training camps when they begin preparing for the re-start of the season, the Italian football federation (FIGC) recommended on Wednesday. The FIGC is hoping that training can begin immediately after the current lockdown ends on May 3.
Juventus will not play in Europe next season after being banned over breaches of UEFA's Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play rules.
The move could help answer any criticism that soccer could be taking away much-needed resources such as testing kits if it is allowed to re-start.
The government said its technical-scientific committee had conducted a close examination of the protocol which the Italian football federation (FIGC) plans to implement to ensure training can be conducted safely.
Previously, several clubs, including Sampdoria and Torino, had opposed carrying on while Brescia went further, saying they would prefer to forfeit matches rather than take to the field.
Thousands of euphoric fans thronged the centre of Rome to hail coach Roberto Mancini and his team
The change was approved by soccer's rule-making body IFAB in May to help teams battling possible fixture congestion as they try and complete the season in a short period of time.
Italy is one of 12 host nations across Europe, and plans for the month-long tournament to go ahead as originally planned have been questioned as COVID-19 continues to spread.
Italy has been one of the countries worst affected by COVID-19 and professional football has been suspended since March 9. The FIGC and Serie A have both said they want to complete the season if possible.
Serie A teams have been allowed to start practice this week but only with players training individually and respecting social distancing. Full team practice is due to begin on May 18, but only if the medical protocol is approved.
Italian football chief Gabriele Gravina said May 17 was being considered as a possible date for a restart but stressed that this was "an hypothesis".
The fixture list is ready and the restart date is confirmed but the Italian football federation (FIGC) is still worried that the Serie A season might not finish due to rules for quarantining players infected with COVID-19. In most countries where football has restarted, such as Germany, the general rule is that when a player tests positive for coronavirus, he has to be quarantined but his team mates can continue training and playing provided they test negative. However, in Italy, where Serie A is due to resume on June 20, the government rule is that the entire squad must be quarantined for 14 days.
News of all that's transpired on and off the football field
Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero has been banned for three months and fined 10,000 euros ($12,400) for referring to Inter Milan's Indonesian owner Erick Thohir as "that Filipino" and saying he should leave the club.
Italy recalled 2006 World Cup-winning coach Marcello Lippi on Thursday to replace Roberto Donadoni.
Serie A clubs voted on Wednesday to set June 13 as the resumption date for the league, which has been suspended since March 9 due to the coronavirus pandemic, although the final decision rests with the government.
Italian Serie A clubs Lazio and Genoa, lower league side Lecce and eight players have been referred to a disciplinary tribunal over allegations of match-fixing in the 2010/11 season, the Italian football federation (FIGC) said on Wednesday.
Financially-stricken Parma have been hit with a further two-point penalty for failing to pay players' salaries the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) have announced.
The tribunal said in a statement on Tuesday that "in terms of dimension and real perception", the chants could not be considered discriminatory under the league's disciplinary code.
Italy forward Graziano Pelle has been kicked out of the national squad over his angry reaction to being substituted against Spain when he refused a handshake from coach Giampiero Ventura.
Players at Serie A champions Juventus were among those who returned to training following the coronavirus stoppage on Tuesday. The Italian government on Sunday confirmed that professional athletes in both individual and team sports could start training.
The Italian federation (FIGC) is determined to complete the season and its president Gabriele Gravina has been presenting new ideas on an almost daily basis of how that can be done. Meanwhile, Turkmenistan in Central Asia is set to resume its soccer season with spectators at the weekend, making it only the second country in the world to let fans attend matches as the new coronavirus shuts down almost all of world football.
Inter Milan were confirmed as 2006 Serie A champions on Monday after Italy's football federation (FIGC) said it did not have the authority to revoke the decision which stripped Juventus of the title.
Serie A clubs will be allowed to sign two non-European Union players per season instead of the current one, the Italian soccer federation (FIGC) said on Tuesday.
This and more from the happenings in the world of football
Inter Milan will have their hardcore 'ultra' supporters present for Sunday's Milan derby after the Italian Football Federation's (FIGC) Court of Justice suspended a partial stadium closure while it carries out further investigations.
Italy coach Antonio Conte is among 130 people who face formal investigation.
Italy will make a bid to host Euro 2016, Italian football federation (FIGC) president Giancarlo Abete said on Monday. Italy was beaten in a bid for Euro 2012 by Poland and Ukraine. The country's hooliganism problem was reported to be partly to blame.
'The protocol arrived for resuming the season and it is very similar to the one that was agreed for training. On Thursday, we'll decide if and when to resume'