Karnataka Chief Minister S M Krishna is not going to Kamagere to attend the funeral of the slain former minister H Nagappa, scheduled for Monday evening.
Though earlier reports indicated that Krishna would attend the state funeral, the visit was cancelled on the advice of intelligence and security agencies.
Nagappa, who was abducted by forest brigand Veerappan on August 25, was found dead in Changdi jungles on Sunday evening. Nagappa's supporters blame the Krishna government for not doing enough to secure their leader's release from the bandit's captivity.
A tense-looking Krishna, who returned to the city from Dehli on Monday afternoon, told the media that a cabinet meeting had been scheduled later in the evening to take stock of the situation.
Krishna refused to comment on the exact cause of Nagappa's death. "The post-mortem was completed only a couple of hours ago," he said.
Karnataka Home Minister Mallikarjuna Kharge had confirmed to the media earlier in the day that Nagappa's body bore bullet marks on his chest. "He might have died because of bullet wounds." Kharge had said.
Police officials told rediff.com that initial reports of the inquest indicated that Nagappa was shot from a close range.
Krishna said his security advisor, T Srinivasulu, would be leaving for Coimbatore later in the evening to meet Tamil Nadu Special Task Force head Walter Dewaram to chalk out details of a joint operation to capture Veerappan --
id="shop_advertise_div_1">
dead or alive.


