At least 12 Maoists have been killed in the massive anti-Naxal operation launched jointly by security forces of Jharkhand and Orissa since Saturday in Saranda forest, a top police official said on Monday.
Jharkhand Director General of Police Neyaz Ahmad said that ten to 12 Maoists have been killed since Saturday.
Meanwhile, the Maoists blew up a hostel and panchayat bhawan at Anandpur and triggered three landmine blasts in the Tirilposhi jungle today morning, Central Reserve Police Force Deputy Inspector General Bhanu Pratap Singh said. Security personnel had camped at the panchayat bhawan and hostel nearly two months ago.
Two helicopters, CRPF personnel, CoBRA personnel, the state armed police and district police, together with security men, from Orissa were taking part in the operations.
The security personnel smashed two training camps, a bunker and seized two weapons and five grenades. Three security personnel have been killed in the operations so far.