Cisco Networking Academies will be set up in engineering colleges and technical high schools in Maharashtra to receive the benefits of Internet and networking education.
A memorandum of understanding in this regard was signed by Maharashtra chief secretary Ajit Nimbalkar and Cisco Systems senior vice president Prem Jain at San Jose in the United States on June 28.
Also present during the occasion were Maharasthra Chief Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, state Minister for Industries Patangrao Kadam, and Minister of State for Industries Rajesh Tope among others.
The Government of Maharashtra has identified two regional academies and 12 local academies.
The remaining local academies will be identified shortly. The government will support setting up of labs in regional academies and local academies.
A project co-ordinator will be appointed so that the programme is implemented on time and effective liaison is maintained with Cisco.
Cisco will provide Web-based curriculum free of charge to all regional academies and local academies and on-line course materials developed by it for the networking academy programme.
Cisco will also provide technical support through the helpdesk function developed by it for the programme free of charge to all regional academies and local academies round the clock.
It will also fund the necessary lab equipment in accordance with the terms set out in the separate agreements signed between Cisco and the regional academies concerned, provide training to instructors and advice in implementing the Networking Academy Quality Assurance Plan to help ensure that the highest quality in education can be achieved in these institutions.
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai.
- College of Engineering, Pune.
- Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad.
- Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli.
- Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Technological University, Lonere.
- Government Residential Women's Polytechnic, Latur.
- Government Residential Women's Polytechnic, Yavatmal.
- Government Polytechnic, Solapur.
- Government Polytechnic, Bandra, Mumbai.
- Government Polytechnic, Sadar, Nagpur.
- Government Polytechnic, Gadchiroli.
- Government Polytechnic, Kolhapur.
- Government Polytechnic, Malwan.
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati.