Ajit Mishra, vice president, Research, Religare Broking, answers readers's queries on stocks they own or want to buy.
Here are his replies to some of the 'buy, sell, hold, avoid or exit?' e-mails that we have received.
If you want his advice on your investments, please mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, 'Stock Market Query', along with your name, and Ajit Mishra will offer his unbiased views.
Photograph: Hitesh Harisinghani/Rediff.com
M K N Rao: Please let me know can I hold / sell the following shares which I hold as on today?
1. Infosys Technologies - 210 Shares - Hold
2. Yes Bank - 1500 Shares - Hold
3. Reliance Power -4000 Shares - Exit
4. L&T Finance -100 Shares - Hold
5. PC Jeweller - 500 Shares - Hold
6 Vodafone/ Idea - 4000 Shares - Hold
7. Ruchi Soya - 1000 Shares - Exit
8. Orchid Pharma- 1000 Shares - Exit
Also I want to buy following, please advise:
1. HCL Tech – Buy partially at cmp and rest on any dip
2. Tata Motors – Buy only if you have 3-4 year view
3. ICICI Bank - Buy on dips
4. Dmart - Buy
5. HDFC Bank - Buy
Paras: Dear sir, I have the following scrips; shall I hold or exit?
Unity Infra, Lanco Infratech, Sanco Industries, Soma Textiles, HCC, Uttam Value Steels, Elgi Equipments.
Ajit Mishra: Except Elgi Equipment, all stocks should be exited.
Subhasis Mukherjee: I would request your opinion on the following shares that I have been holding.
1. RESPONSIVE INDUSTRIES @ 103.00 - Exit
2. BEML @ 446 - Hold
3. BGR @ 85 - Exit
4. STRIDES PHARMA @ 418 - Exit
5. MOIL @ 135 - Hold
6. NMDC @ 93 - Hold
7. DLF @ 180 - Hold
SUMEETA: KINDLY GIVE YOUR VALUABLE ADVICE ON MY FOLLOWING HOLDINGS HELD SINCE VERY LONG TIME AND YOUR ALTERNATIVE SWITCH OVERS.
- VARDHMAN ACRYLICS LTD 4000 @ 13 - Exit
- PUNJAB ALKALIES & CHEMICALS LTD ( PACL ) 2000 @ 40 - Exit
- JINDAL COTEX LTD 1500 @ 95 - Exit
- SHREE MAHANAGAR SUGAR MILLS LTD 5000 @ 12 - Exit
- SVC INDUSTRIES LTD 4500 @ 5/50 - Exit
- STERLING WEBNET LTD 1500 @ 5 - Exit
- THE FIRST CUSTODIAN FUND INDIA LTD 500 @ 35 - Exit
- OWEAL CHEMICALS & FERTILIZER LTD 500 @ 50 - Exit
- IND SWIFT LTD 750 @ 75 – Exit
We would recommend you to stick with quality names like Reliance Industries, Maruti Suzuki, ICICI Bank, Subros, IFB Industries and Dabur
Anil Akerkar: I am holding following stocks. Kindly suggest whether to hold or exit.
1) GIC Re - Exit
2) Galaxy Surfactants - Hold
3) HDFC AMC - Hold
4) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank - Hold
V Srinivasa Rao:
- Biocon - 1280 no's bought at Rs 197.38 - Hold
- Amararaja batteries - 31 no's bought at Rs 621 - Hold
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund ETF 22 - 528 no's bought at Rs 35.97 - Hold
- HBL Power systems limited - 495 no's bought at Rs 38.21 - Exit
- HDFC Asset Management Company Limited - 10 no's bought at Rs 1416 - Exit
- ITC limited - 30 no's bought at Rs 279.90 - Hold
- Kaveri seeds - 45 no's bought at Rs 618.69 (Should i apply for buy back?) – Yes and Exit later
- Meghmani organics - Bought 110 no's at Rs 58.31 - Hold
- NBCC - 200 no's bought at Rs 53.15 - Exit
- NHPC - 150 n's bought at Rs 27.19 - Hold
- Power grid - 60 no's bought at Rs 192.13 - Hold
- SJVN - 1500 no's bought at Rs 30.43 - Hold
Jyoti Fernandes: I am having 1600 shares of ESSEL PROPACK. Kindly advise if I should HOLD these stocks? And at what level can I EXIT?
Ajit Mishra: Would recommend to exit at current levels
Ashok Sonure: I am having shares of purchase cost since ipo.
1) ICICI Lombard General Insurance - @Rs660 - Hold
2) Galaxy Surfactant @ 1440 - Hold
3) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. @330 - Hold
Should I hold it for long term or make profit? – Can book partial, otherwise all these companies strong.
Bhavin: Please advice on below mentioned shareholding by me since long time:
- Gujarat pipivav - Hold
- Himandri Speciality Chemical - Hold
- CCL product - Hold
- Nhpc - Hold
- Suven life - Hold
- Bodal chemical - Hold
- Uflex ltd - Exit
- Shalimar paint - Exit
- BGR energy - Exit
- Morpen lab - Exit
Sai Chakradhar: There have been forged fluctuations with the stocks listed below:
1. Mauriya udyog limited - Exit
2. Agro phos india - Exit
3. 7NR retail - Exit
4. Darjeeling Ropway - Exit
An online company named midcapgains dot in were recommending around (15-20)k retail investors to buy and hold these stocks from last two months and suddenly on 26th dec ie- Thursday, all the stocks tanked down to lower circuit and are continuing hitting lower circuit again and there is no response from the company who was recommending these. All the investors has invested their hard earned money and it totals to 2000 crore + amount. Please help as now we can't sell the stock and it is continuing hitting lower circuit.
Ajit Mishra: We would recommend you exit these stocks as and when you get the opportunity and strictly avoid such stocks in future. Always consult a reliable financial advisor.
Surendra Kumar Upadhyay: I am seeking views on following stock for long terms perspective:
- APM INDUSTRIES LIMITED -Exit
- APM FINVEST LIMITED - Exit
- BHEL - Exit
- GRAPHITE INDIA LIMITED - Hold
- CENTURY ENKA LIMITED - Exit
- CHENNAI PETROLEUM CORPORATION - Exit
- DWARKADEESH SUGAR INDUSTRIES LIMITED - Hold
Vikas Jain: Went through an article on Rediff where you have solved on stock market queries of various investors. I have been investing in mutual funds from last five years and now wanted to start investing in stock market i.e., equity. So kindly share your valuable advice on, as a beginner, which company shares to buy if I look for holding period of at least 2-3 years?
Ajit Mishra: We would recommend you to buy stocks like HDFC Bank, Reliance Industries, ICICI Bank, M&M, Subros, IFB Industries, and Dabur at CMP and on dips.
Subramanian Chelliah: I have the holding of the following stocks. Please share your views. I can be able to invest Rs.3000 to Rs.5000/ month for the next 5 years. Please suggest some 3 good stocks and will wait for more than 7 to 10 years' time.
- AB Capital: 77*176.50- Hold
- CCCL: 2000*5.61 - Exit
- Everest Kanto: 200*17.10 - Exit
- Hanung toys: 10*24.85 - Exit
- Hindalco: 6*152 - Hold
- Hudco: 200*81.85 - Exit
- Infosys: 1*654 - Hold
- ITC: 2*260.55 - Hold
- JM Financial: 100*152.99 - Hold
- Lumax Autotech: 30*71.70 - Exit
- Manpasand: 70*439.1 - Exit
- Rupa and company: 20*429.15 - Exit
- Sharda Motor: 4*2578 - Exit
- Shivam Auto: 200*99.1 - Exit
- Tata Motors: 3*170.5 – Hold – 3-4 years
- Yes bank: 62*89.70 – Hold
You can consider doing sip in Reliance Industries, ICICI Bank, HDFC Life Insurance
Uttam: Sir, I have query on the below stocks, investment horizon is 3-5 years. Please let me know if I should book profit, hold or exit. Hope you will provide your expert opinion on the above. Thanks a lot!
1. Rain Industries - Exit
2. Graphite India - Hold
3. Emkay global finance - Exit
4. edelweiss financial – Hold
5. yes bank - Hold
6. Prakash industries - Exit
7. PPAP automotive - Exit
8. Thirumalai chemicals - Exit
9. Avanti feeds - Hold
10. NOCIL - Hold
11. Dmart - Hold
12. Bajaj finance - Hold
S A NARAYANAN: Your advice on these stocks will be much appreciated, Sir! Thanking you very much in anticipation of your valued guidance.
- Adani Ports – 225 - Hold
- Arvind Fashions – 27 - Exit
- Arvind Ltd – 137 - Exit
- BEL – 500 - Hold
- Birla Corpn – 50 - Hold
- Bodal Chemicals – 95 - Hold
- CARE – 29 - Hold
- Cholamandalam – 260 - Hold
- Coal India – 597 - Exit
- DCM Shriram – 20 - Exit
- Engineers India – 300 - Hold
- Finolex Cables - 139 - Hold
- Gabriel – 63 - Hold
- GNFC – 122 - Exit
- Gulf Oil – 65 - Exit
- Granules – 1000 - Hold
- IG Petro – 98 - Hold
- IDFC First Bank – 5170 - Hold
- Ind Bank Housing – 200 - Exit
- IGL – 100 - Hold
- Indian Bank – 3329 - Exit
- India Cements – 186 - Exit
- Insecticides – 50 - Hold
- ITC – 700 - Hold
- Lemon Tree – 65 - Hold
- L&T Fin Holdg – 50 - Hold
- LIC Hsg – 150 - Hold
- MOIL – 102 - Hold
- MRPLEASE – 300 - Exit
- Muthoot Fin – 80 - Hold
- Navin flourine – 60 – Partial Exit
- NFCL – 220 – Exit , if its GNFC
- NCC – 450 - Exit
- Orient Paper – 481 - Exit
- Powergrid – 1463 - Hold
- Reliance Power – 84 - Exit
- Schaffler – 11 - Hold
- Sharda CropChem – 99 - Exit
- Solar Pharma – 8 - Exit
- SRF – 33 - Exit
- Strides Pharma – 50 - Exit
- Sundaram Clayton – 8 - Exit
- Sunflag Iron – 100 -Exit
- Talwalkar BVF – 500 - Exit
- Talwalkar HC – 500 - Exit
- Tata Chemicals – 100 - Hold
- Tata Steel Long Products – 25 - Exit
- The Anup Engg – 5 - Exit
- The Federal Bank – 721 - Hold
- The Karur Vysya Bank – 110 - Exit
- TNPLEASE – 112 - Exit
- TUBE INVESTTS – 86 - Hold
- V GUARD – 390 - Hold
Keerthi Charan: I have these stocks and are in down fall right now, please suggest.
1) jain irrigation. Purchased 5000 email@example.com - Exit
2) jm financial. Purchased 120 shares@150 - Hold
3) pokarna. Purchased 50 shares @264 - Exit
Also, please review below SIP portfolio for long term:
Ajit Mishra: Can’t comment on mutual funds.
1) Mirae asset emerging blue chip - Direct(G), 5k per month
2) SBI small cap fund - Direct(D), 5k per month
3) uti nifty 50 index fund - Direct, 2k per month
4) icici pru next 50 index fund - Direct, 2k per month
Uday Panse: I would like to invest Rs 10 lakh in stocks with long-term view. Can you suggest specific shares?
Ajit Mishra: You may consider Reliance Industries, ICICI bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Life Insurance, Reliance Nippon, Maruti, M&M, KEI Industries, Dabur, Marico, IFB Industries.
Madhusoodanan K P: I have an investment horizon of above 3 years and I hold the following shares@ cost mentioned. Kindly advice the action to be taken in these:
- COAL INDIA @ 266 - Exit
- GLENPHARMA @ 498 - Exit
- ADANI PORT @ 409 - Hold
- SPICJET @ 112 - Hold
- ERILIFE @ 417 - Hold
- CYIENT TECH @ 506 - Exit
- BANDHAN BANK @ 534 - Hold
- KEC INTERNATIONAL @ 310 - Hold
- GODFREY PHILLIPS @ 1326 - Hold
- ASIAN PAINTS @ 1814 - Hold
Jayachandran K: I have bought yes bank shares at 49. Please advise if it is good to hold for 1 year. Also let me know which good stocks to invest in for 1-year period. I'm planning to invest 50k. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Ajit Mishra: You may hold Yes Bank. One can invest in stocks like Reliance Industries, ICICI bank, M&M, IFB Industries and Dabur.
RP: I have the following scrips in my equity portfolio. Kindly suggest what should be the strategy for these scripts in the near future? Shall I hold or sell?
Ajit Mishra: For 9-12 months this is our view
- Endurance Technologies - Hold
- TALBROS AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS - Exit
- BANDHAN BANK LIMITED –Hold
- Can fin homes - Exit
- CENTRUM CAPITAL LIMITED- Exit
- GIC housing finance - Exit
- GENERAL Insurance Corp - Exit
- Lakshmi Vilas bank - Exit
- Deepak Nitrate - Hold
- GNFC - Exit
- GSFC - Exit
- Nocil - Hold
- RCF - Exit
- SH SHELKAR & CO - Exit
- Dilip buildcon - Exit
- FIRSTSOURCE - Exit
- BEL - Hold
- ADF FOODS - Exit
- MPS LTD - Exit
- TinPleaseate - Exit
- IRCTC - Hold
- Mandhana retail ventures - Exit
- Sakuma exports - Exit
- JHS SVENDGAARD LABORATORIES - Exit
- Kopran - Exit
- Marksans pharma - Exit
- EMMBI INDUSTRIES LTD - Exit
- Archies - Exit
- Avenue Supermart –Hold
- Titaghar wagon ltd - Exit
- Onmobile global - Exit
- Sterlite technologies - Exit
- Welspun India - Exit
- Indian terrain fashion ltd - Exit
Manish Vichare: Read your article and your advice on the Internet and very impressed by your analysis. Could you please tell me about these stocks which I am currently holding?
- BLS INTERNATIONAL SERVICES LTD - Exit
- EICHER MOTORS LTD - Hold
- Aditya birla capital - Hold
- HBL Nife Power System - Exit
- HUDCO - Exit
- JK Tyres - Hold
- VA Tech Wabagltd - Exit
Arun Bhatavdekar: I am holding following shares in my trading account. Can you please suggest me about my below mentioned shares whether to hold them or sell them.
1) GVK Power - 530 shares purchased at 16 Rs. - Exit
2) GMR Infra - 600 shares purchased at 33.75 Rs. Exit
3) JP Associates - 195 shares purchased at 13 Rs. Exit
4) JP Infra - 200 shares purchased at 22.28 Rs. Exit
5) Suzlon - 400 shares purchased at 11.32 Rs. Exit
Maneesh Menon: I have 1000 shares of Union Bank @ 81. Am willing to wait. What should I do? How is HG Infra Engineering to enter now?
Ajit Mishra: Exit/avoidboth these stocks
Ravish Nair: Please give your advice on the stocks which I should hold for long term.
- Everest Kanto Cylinder- 427 shares @ 42 - Exit
- Signet Industries- 245 shares @ 79 - Exit
- Jai corporation- 20 share @ 160 - Exit
- Skipper Ltd- 101 share @ 111 - Exit
Disclaimer: This article is meant for information purpose only. This article and information do not constitute a distribution, an endorsement, an investment advice, an offer to buy or sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any securities/schemes or any other financial products /investment products mentioned in this QnA or an attempt to influence the opinion or behaviour of the investors /recipients.
Any use of the information /any investment and investment related decisions of the investors/recipients are at their sole discretion and risk. Any advice herein is made on a general basis and does not take into account the specific investment objectives of the specific person or group of persons. Opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice.