Special treats to celebrate your bond.
Mango Walnut Sheera
Recipe by chef Sanjyot Keer
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 3/4 cup semolina
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Mango puree
- 2 cups water (you can add more if the sheera is too dry)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Chop walnuts and toast them into a pan, do not over do it.
- Puree the mangoes to get mango pulp if using fresh mangoes.
- Add ghee, semolina and wheat flour in a pan and start roasting on medium flame.
- Keep roasting and stirring until the colour starts to change and you get a nice aroma.
- Add sugar and mango pulp and stir quickly. While mixing continuously add the water too.
- Keep stirring to avoid lumps and add the toasted walnuts.
- Cool until the ghee separates.
- Serve immediately.
Walnut and Gur Ki Roti
Recipe by chef Anahita Dhondy
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Oil or butter for greasing
For the sauce
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup jaggery
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup walnut halves
- Honey to drizzle
- Edible flowers
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Heat a non stick pan and add a few drops of oil or butter.
- Take a ladle and pour out into the pan to make a pancake.
- Cook on both sides. Take out and cool.
- In a separate pan, melt jaggery and milk to make the sauce.
- Pour the sauce onto the pancakes in a pan and mix in the walnuts.
- Garnish with more walnut halves, honey, edible flowers and serve.
Walnut Paneer Dum Biryani
Recipe by Chef Varun Inamdar
- 2 cups basmati rice, parboiled
- 1/2 walnut halves
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 cup paneer, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup fried onions
- 1 tbsp ginger- garlic paste
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/2 cup walnut milk
- 1/2 cup tomato, sliced
- Salt as required
- Dry spice mix
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 gram saffron
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp green cardamom seeds
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Dried rose petals
- Coriander leaves
- Grind the dry spices to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- In a pot, take curd and walnut milk. Whisk till lump-free.
- Add the spice mix, fried onions, tomatoes, ginger- garlic paste, tomato slices and salt.
- Mix well. Add paneer cubes and walnut halves. Add one cup water and place the pot on medium flame.
- Top with parboiled rice.
- Top with dried rose petals and coriander leaves.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium-low flame for 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve with cucumber or raita.
Would you like to share an interesting recipe or cooking video?