This rice pudding recipe is perfect for your Republic Day celebration.
Three Treasures Rice Pudding
- 200 gm Indrayani rice
- 300 ml milk
- 100 gm sugar
- 5 gm cardamom
- 60 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 80 ml ghee
- 100 gm grated carrot
- 100 gm chopped kiwi
- 20 ml kiwi syrup
- Soak the rice in cold water for 45 minutes. In a think bottom pan, boil the milk. Add soaked rice. Keep simmering till the rice get cooked. Add sugar and cardamom powder. Keep it for cooling for some time. Divide the cooked rice into three parts.
- Add 20 ml sweetened condensed milk in each part.
- In one part, add grated boiled carrot. In the second part, add chopped kiwi and kiwi syrup. Mix well.
- In a pudding mould, apply ghee on the sides. Pour kiwi flavoured rice to make a layer. Make the next layer with a regular batch . And lastly make a layer of carrot flavoured rice on the top
- Place the mould in an oven for 10 minutes at 180°C. Cool it for 30 minutes and serve cold. You can garnish with dry fruits or seasonal strawberries.
Dinesh Mhatre is the executive chef at Hilton Mumbai International Airport. He can be contacted on email@example.com.