Rediff reader Richa Tiwari shares a classic pasta recipe with us. You can share yours too.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 250 gm penne
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 4 tomato puree
- 8 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 100 gm chopped chicken (optional)
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp cheese spread
- Salt to taste
- Boil the pasta in a deep pan, drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- In another pan, add oil and garlic and green chilli. Saute for two minutes.
- Add chopped onions and saute for three minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they are done.
- Add chopped chicken pieces (This step is optional, you can skip it if you don't want to add chicken)
- Cover the pan and cook till the chicken is done.
- Add tomato puree, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, chilli flakes, black pepper, oregano and salt.
- Cook for five minutes.
- Add pasta and keep mixing till the sauce thickens and pasta is well coated.
- Add cheese spread (you can also use grated processed cheese)
- Cook for two minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Note: Top it up with some extra cheese if you want.
Lead image: DC/Wikimedia Commons
Have an interesting recipe to share?
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.