78 per cent moms who participated in the survey were worried about their kids getting sick amid the lockdown.
Leading parenting community Momspresso recently conducted a survey to find out how COVID-19 has impacted them.
The survey conducted online involved feedback from moms from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Pune, Kanpur, Jaipur and Bhopal.
As part of MomSights, Momspresso’s research and insights division is conducting the COVID-19 weekly tracker for 6-8 weeks. While stress and anxiety were major sentiments in the first two weeks, majority of moms have adapted to the new normal.
However, since they have been managing everything at home, moms are now exhausted.
In the third week of the lockdown, mom’s stressors remained similar to the first two weeks.
Majority of mothers continue to put their kids and health of their families ahead of their own.
Here are some findings from the survey:
- Most respondents agreed to panic buying and stocking up essentials in the first two weeks of the lockdown.
- 78 per cent moms who participated in the survey were worried about their kids getting sick amid the lockdown
- 74 per cent of moms are worried about keeping everything sanitised
- 57 per cent are concerned about keeping their kids busy during the lockdown.
- Moms have stocked up essential medicines and staples as well.
- There has been an increase in the use of apps like Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest
- Moms are relying on WhatsApp to connect with family and friends.
- Most respondents are watching digital content related to art and craft activities for kids, yoga, workout and meditation to stay healthy.