Rediff reader and food blogger Swayampurna Mishra sent us this amazing recipe of kebabs made from hung curd.
Want to share yours?
Kebabs from hung curd. Sounds impossible?
Well, here's the recipe for Dahi Kebab.
Do try it and share your experience with us!
- 250 gm hung curd
- 100 gm paneer
- 2 to 3 tbsp besan (dry roasted in low heat )
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp roasted and powdered cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp green fennel seeds
- 1-2 tsp paprika or red chilli powder
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp oil/ghee for pan frying
- A pinch of rock salt
- To soften paneer, soak it in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil, and refrigerate it for an hour.
- Make small balls and flatten them like tikkis.
- Fry them in a pan over medium heat till they turn brown on both sides.
- Dahi kebabs are quite soft, so you have to handle them carefully.
- Serve hot off the pan with ketchup, chutney, chopped tomatoes and onions in chaat masala and lime juice. I also served some poppadums.
Image courtesy: Swayampurna Mishra
Do you have an interesting recipe you want to share?
Write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: 'Recipes') with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com.