Rediff reader Vinit Patki from Pune sent us the recipe for this delicious sweet made from rava and coconut.
Have you tried it yet?
The festive season is on and so is the list of goodies you can treat yourself to.
Here's a simple recipe that you must try making at home.
Sooji Coconut Barfi
- 1 bowl milk
- 1 bowl rava
- 1 bowl ghee
- 1 bowl grated coconut
- 2 bowl sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Raisins and nuts (optional)
- Dry roast the rava till it changes colour and allow it to cool.
- In a pan, mix ghee, rava, milk, coconut and sugar. Keep aside for four hours.
- Heat the above mixture on low flame and keep stirring continuously.
- When the mixture consolidates and releases ghee, add cardamom powder.
- Take a flat bottom plate and grease it with ghee.
- Empty the above mixture on it and spread it evenly.
- Using a knife, cut into small pieces while it is still hot.
- You may also garnish it with raisins before serving.
Photo Courtesy: Divya Kudua/Wikimedia Commons
Liked this recipe? Click here for more recipes and food features!
Do you have an interesting festive recipe to share?
Write in to us email@example.com (subject line: 'Festive recipes') with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com.