Rama Muralidharan tells us how to make steaming hot veg momos. You can share your favourite recipes too!
Here's the the recipe:
- 1 cup maida
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onions
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Make a tight dough of the maida, salt and oil with water. Knead the dough well and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In a non stick pan heat, heat oil. Add ginger garlic paste, chopped cabbage, carrot, capsicum and vinegar.
- Add salt to taste and saute well for 4 to 5 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Add red chilli powder and chopped green onions and sauté for minute. Let the mixture cool a little.
- Take a large lemon sized ball of the dough and roll it into a very thin circle.
- Using a cutter cut 10 cm diameter circular pieces. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Put one spoon of filling in the centre of the rolled out dough. Wet the edges with water.
- Gather the edges in a neat pleated form to make it look like a conical bundle. Pinch the edge to seal it.
- Place all the momos in a steamer and steam it for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with red and green chilli sauce.
Image: Rama Muralidharan