Five ingredients is all you need to make this sinful dessert.
Here's a simple dessert recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth.
And all it needs it five ingredients -- no oil, no seasoning!
Here's the recipe:
- 100 gm dark chocolate
- 175 gm unsalted butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 200 gm caster sugar
- 75 gm plain flour
- 50 gm chopped walnuts or cashewnuts (optional)
- Line a 12-inch square tin with butter paper or baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degree.
- Place the chocolate, broken into bits, and butter in a thick-bottomed pan and melt over a very low heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar. Allow to cool a little.
- Beat the eggs and stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Gently fold the flour into the mixture, add the nuts (optional).
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for about 20 minutes. Immerse a toothpick into the brownie to check. It should come out clean. Do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and cut into squares.
- You should get 16 scrumptious brownies.
Lead image used for representational purposes only. Image: Mr Tender Branson/Creative Commons
You can send us your favourite recipes too. Write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Favourite recipes) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.