We'd asked you, dear readers to share your winter recipes with us.
Rediff reader Baishali Ghosh tells us how to make ice cream using date palm jaggery.
Date Palm Jaggery is a natural sweetener.
Here's a simple dessert recipe you can make at home:
Nolen Gurer Ice Cream
Serves: 6 persons
- 3 tbsp nolen gur or date palm jaggery
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 cup whole milk cream powder
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- In a blender, add nolen gur, fresh cream, milk, whole milk powder, powdered sugar and blend till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream container with a tight fitting lid.
- Refrigerate the container for eight hours till it is set. Remember to stir the mixture after every one hour for the first three hours.
- Place scoops in stemmed glasses or plate or bowl.
- You can also garnish with liquid nolen gur before serving.
Image: Baishali Ghosh
You can send us your favourite recipes too. Write in to us at email@example.com (subject: Favourite recipes) with your name, hometown and any interesting details about the origin of the recipe, along with a photograph if possible. We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.