Sushant Parab, executive sous chef, Hotel Sahara Star tells you how to cook up a healthy sweet at home.
Gond ke Laddoo
- 1 and ¼ cup wheat flour
- 4 tbsp badam gond / edible gum
- ¼ cup dry dates
- ¼ cup jaggery
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1cup dry fruits and nuts
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 8-10 tbsp ghee
- Heat a kadhai. Add 2 tbsp ghee and roast gond till it puffs up and looks crispy. This may take approx 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Grind gond in a mixer to coarse powder.
- Add dates, jaggery, cardamom, nuts, poppy seeds and nutmeg powder. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same ghee, roast wheat flour for few minutes.
- Add another 2 tbsp of ghee and roast flour till nice aroma comes. Cook on low flame.
- Add ground mixture and mix well. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Keep adding a tbsp of ghee and cook till you get the mixture of holding consistency.
- When it's wet and you are able to roll them into a laddoo, switch off the flame.
- Grease your palm with ghee and start making ladoo while the mixture is still hot.
- If you feel the mixture dries, add some ghee and try again. Leave them to set and cool.
- Store them in an airtight container.
Photograph: Kind courtesy Hotel Sahara Star
Dear readers, do you have an interesting recipe to share?
Simply write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Recipe) along with your NAME, AGE, LOCATION and some interesting details about the recipe if possible. We'll feature the best responses right here on Rediff.com.