Ever wondered how to make a sinful dessert without cream, eggs and butter? Try this recipe!
Preparing chocolate mousse can be a little tricky when you use eggs. So I decided to skip using eggs.
The trick is to melt the chocolate in water and then whip it really well.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 500 gm dark chocolate
- Whipped fresh cream (for topping)
- Fruits and nuts (optional)
- Place the slab of dark chocolate in a large bowl in a double boiler. Heat it on medium flame.
- Once the chocolate has melted, turn off the heat.
- Place the pan in a bowl of icy cold water and whip until firm.
- Spoon the mousse into a flute glass.
- Top it off with a dollop of fresh cream.
- Garnish with nuts and fruits of your choice.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until it sets before you serve.
Lead image: Kind courtesy Martha Merry/Creative Commons
Do you have interesting summer recipes to share?
We'll publish the best preparations right here on Rediff.com and in India Abroad.