The holy month of Ramzan is here and Reshma Aslam is sharing her favourite recipes with us.
You too can contribute to this series!
Today, we have this recipe for Baida roti:
Baida Roti or Egg Roll is shallow fried indian bread stuffed with minced mutton or chicken depending on the choice preferred.
Its awesome and delicious combination of mutton and eggs rolled in a crispy roti.
For the dough:
- 250 gm maida
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
For the filling:
- 250 gm minced meat (keema)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- Half cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt to taste
- Mix the maida, oil, salt and water and knead it into a soft dough.
- Make five to six equal portions from the dough.
- In a vessel, cook minced meat in a cup of water.
- Add in chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, red chilli powder and salt. Stir and cook till water has almost dried.
- Add in the garam masala powder and cumin powder and cook till the water has dried completely. Remove and keep aside.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves.
- Let it cool for some time.
- Now, roll out each portion of dough into a thin, square-shaped chapatti.
- Place some mince meat which we had prepared earlier, in the centre of the chapatti.
- Pour a spoonful of beaten egg over and around the mince meat.
- Fold the sides of the chapatti to cover the meat and egg, like in a square packet.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan or a tawa. Place the chapatti on the pan.
- Pour some beaten egg over the folded roti in the pan. Flip and pour some beaten egg again. Fry till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Your baida roti is done!!
- Serve with green chutney.