We'd asked you, dear readers to share your favourite monsoon recipes.
Homemaker turned celebrity chef Rakhee Vaswani sends in two easy-to-make recipes for you to try this monsoon. You can share yours too.
Don't miss on letting us know how it tasted.
Pull Apart Dabeli
For the bread
- 125 gm flour
- 5 gm yeast
- 5 gm salt
- 10 gm butter
- 5 gm sugar (grain)
- 1/2 egg or 20 ml milk wash
- Water as required
For the Dabeli filling
- 60 gm butter
- 1 tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp dabeli powder
- 100 gm cheese
- 2 tbsp pomegranate
- 2 tbsp masala peanut
For the bread
- Mix yeast, sugar with 2 to 3 tablespoons of water.
- Put the flour on a surface. Make a hole in the centre. Add the above mixture (yeast, sugar and water) and make a soft dough.
- Mix butter and salt in a bowl. Once done, mix it in the dough. Cover the dough with a muslin cloth. Leave the dough to prove.
- Shape into a five by five inch round bun. Place them on a well greased baking tray.
- Brush with egg/milk wash. Sprinkle water and bake the buns in a pre-heated oven. Bake it at a temperature of 160 degree Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes.
For the dabeli filling
- Slit the baked bun.
- Melt butter and add garlic and dabeli powder.
- Spread the butter mixture in the slit bun.
- Grate cheese. Bake till melted or granted.
- Serve with sev, pomegranate and masala peanuts.
Baked Vada Vol-au-Vents
- 8 to 10 vol-au-vents (a small hollow case of puff pastry)
- 2 potatoes (boiled)
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- A pinch of asafoetida
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Few curry leaves
- 1 to 2 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- 3 to 4 fried chilies
- 50 gm cheese (grated)
- Red chilli-garlic chutney (for garnishing)
For the filling
- In a pan heat oil. Add asafoetida, curry leaves, cumin and mustard.
- Add boiled potatoes, red chili powder, turmeric and salt. Cook till coated well.
- Add coriander leaves. Keep the filling aside.
- Take the vol au vents and fill it with the potato filling.
- Grate cheese on top. Grill in the oven till gratinated.
- Garnish and serve with red chilli-garlic chutney and fried chilies.
Note: You can also use store bought canapes instead of vol au vents for this preparation.
Do you have interesting monsoon recipes to share?