Chef Ranjan Rajani, Executive Chef of Hotel Sahara Star shares his special Easter recipes.
Classic Scotch Eggs
For the Scotch Eggs:
- 6 eggs
- 200 gm minced chicken
- ¼ tsp chopped coriander leaves
- Black pepper powder, a pinch
- ¼ tsp chopped parsley
- Salt as required
- 2 tbsp milk
- 50 gm all refined flour
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- ¼ tsp mace powder
- 100 gm panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Put a large pan on high flame and add water in it, bring it to a boil. After it boils, add 4 eggs in the pan and boil them for about 5 mins.
- Take a large bowl and mix together the minced chicken, coriander leaves, parsley, rosemary, mace powder and English mustard. Season this with salt and pepper as per your taste. Knead it like dough.
- Peel the eggs and keep them aside. Next, crack the remaining two raw eggs in a bowl with the milk and season with a little salt. Beat them together until everything is mixed well.
- In another bowl, place the flour along with a little salt and pepper powder. Divide the mince into four parts. Take the chicken mixture and spread it with your fingers until it is large enough to encase a single egg. Make sure to spread the flour on your working space so that the chicken mixture doesn't stick.
- To assemble the eggs one by one, roll one egg in the flour bowl and place it at the center of the flattened minced chicken mixture. Gently encase the egg so that it is covered completely with the minced chicken. Then dip this covered egg in the flour, and then the egg-milk mixture, and finally with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame. When the oil is hot enough, add the eggs separately one by one. Fry these eggs till they turn golden brown in color. Serve with your favorite sauce.
Vanilla Panna Cotta
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 60 gm castor sugar
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 8 gm gelatin
For the mango agar:
- 250 ml mango puree
- 30 gm castor sugar
- 2 gm agar agar
- Bloom the gelatin in ice cold water. Bring the cream, sugar and vanilla pod in a pan to boil. Let it sit for few hours to infuse. Bring it again to boil. Add the gelatin and strain the mix. Set aside to cool.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate to set. Scoop the center and place the passion agar.
For the mango agar:
- Bring all the ingredients in a pan to boil. Pour the mixture into the mould and allow to set.
We ask you, dear readers what's on your Easter menu? Share your recipes and we'll publish the best ones on Rediff.com.