Health guru Dr Mickey Mehta shares a four-week diet plan to eat healthy and lose weight.
Is 28 days all you need to lose weight and get back in shape?
According to Dr Mickey Mehta, if you control what you eat for a month, you will be able to shed those extra kilos.
In his latest book Lose Weight Gain Shape, health guru Dr Mickey Mehta shares a four-week diet plan to eat healthy and lose weight.
'After following the prescribed diet for 28 days, it will become a habit to eat nutritious food and snack wisely. It won't feel like a diet anymore,' Mehta says in the book.
Presenting an excerpt from the book:
Due to lack of awareness, many people do not get the correct benefits of eating vegetarian foods.
For instance, a meal comprising of spicy foods, fried snacks and sweets is also vegetarian but it is, in no way, beneficial for the body.
What is required in this case is knowledge about the health benefits of different kinds of foods and proper diet planning.
Nutritional and Dietary Guidelines
Improve your health by making:
- Good dietary choices.
- Eating at regular intervals.
- Staying hydrated.
- Getting adequate exercise.
- Consume 10 to 12 glasses of water throughout the day.
- Drink herbal and green teas.
- Re-charge Your Body
- Sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours a day.
Keep away from emotional toxins:
• Negative thoughts and beliefs.
• Stress and painful experiences.
- Include plenty of raw vegetables and fruits in our diet.
- Consume organic food to avoid accumulating toxins.
- Use 1 teaspoon olive oil or cow’s ghee in every meal.
Foods to avoid during the programme are:
- Alcohol, sugar and chocolates.
- Processed, canned and refined foods.
- Butter and cheese.
- Deep fried or oily food.
- Salted nuts.
After following the prescribed diet for 28 days, it will become a habit to eat nutritious food and snack wisely. It won’t feel like a diet anymore.
Excerpted from Lose Weight Gain Shape by Dr Mickey Mehta with the kind permission of the publishers, Westland Books.