Mid and small companies are more generous in rewarding their CEOs as compared to their larger peers.
Illustration: Dominic Xavier/Rediff.com
Corporate performance and reward metrics
- Nine out of top 10 earners in 2019 were promoter CEOs
- Mid and small companies more generous in rewarding their CEOs vs larger peers
- Top management remuneration was less than one per cent of the profits for country’s leading listed companies
- For many mid-sized companies, CEO salary was equivalent to more than five per cent of their net profits
- Commodity companies, lenders and automakers saw fastest growth in CEO salary last year