Jailed Kadapa Member of Parliament YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Wednesday moved a special CBI court in Hyderabad, seeking directions to the central agency to act as per the Supreme Court order with regard to filing of charge sheets in connection with the case against him for his alleged quid-pro-quo deals.
The YSR Congress chief, who filed a memo through his counsel submitted that in view of the specific undertaking given by the CBI to the Supreme Court which is also incorporated in the order dated October 5, 2012, the CBI filed a chargesheet (fifth chargesheet in the Jagan assets case) on April 8.
While opposing Jagan's bail plea last year, the CBI had told the Supreme Court that it would file one final chargesheet as early as possible, after investigation was completed, by March 31, 2013.
The CBI had filed a report before the Supreme Court stating that investigations were still on about seven aspects, namely Sandur Power, grant of miling lease to Bharati/ Raghuram Cements, Penna Cements and its group companies, Dalmia Cements, India Cements, investments through paper companies based in Kolkata and Mumbai, popularly known as suitcase companies, the Lepakshi Knowledge Hub project, as well as Indu Projects.
However, the central agency filed a fifth chargesheet on April 8 about alleged investments made by Dalmia Cements and two other cement firms, Eeswar Cements and Raghuram Cements, in businesses allegedly promoted by Jaganmohan Reddy.
"The CBI action is in violation of the Supreme Court order and is not sustainable in law, in as much as the CBI undertaking has been recorded by the Supreme Court in its order dated October 5, 2012," Jagannmohan Reddy said, requesting the CBI special court to issue appropriate directions to the CBI to act in terms of the Supreme Court order.