India Against Corruption, led by activist Arvind Kejriwal, has posed five questions for Salman Khurshid over alleged fraud by a trust run by the Union law minister and his wife Louise. Khurshid is yet to answer any of them.
1. Your organisation had presented a letter from the Uttar Pradesh government to the central government which, while calling the work of your organisation satisfactory during 2009-10, recommended releasing further funds for your organisation.
This letter bears the signature of Mr Ramraj Singh, the then special secretary to the UP government. But as per media reports, Mr Ramraj Singh says that it is not his signature. He further says that he retired in January 2011, while this letter is shown to have been written on March 24, 2011. Do you agree that your organisation showed this forged letter to try and obtain a grant next year?
2) Your organisation has presented an affidavit by J B Singh, UP government's former chief development officer, where he is shown to be praising your organisation's work. But Mr J B Singh maintains that this affidavit too is forged and he has not given any such affidavit. Do you agree that this affidavit is forged? If yes, then why did you enclose this forged letter?
3) On 12 June 2012, the Akhilesh Yadav government wrote a letter to the Union government which alleged that a lot of the signatures in the reports presented by you to the Union government are forged. In your opinion, is this letter from the UP government real or forged?
4) Your organisation has claimed that you organised such and such camps for the handicapped in such and such districts and distributed equipment to them. According to an enquiry conducted by Akhilesh Yadav's government, neither were any such camps organised on those dates nor any equipment distributed. Do you agree with the charges levelled in this letter dated June 12, 2012 by the UP government?
5) The handicapped to who your organisations claim to have given equipments say that they did not receive any such thing. If these people say these things in public, would you resign from your post in the Union Cabinet?