A minor fire broke out in Shah Rukh Khan's beach-facing bungalow Mannat in Bandra, a western Mumbai suburb on the night of November 21.
The short circuit, which occurred in a bathroom's exhaust fan, set off the bungalow's fire alarm, fire officials said.
Later, the 48-year-old actor, who shares the house with wife Gauri and three children -- Aryan, Suhana and AbRam, took to Twitter to inform his fans that nobody was hurt in the incident.
"All safe on the house front. Thanks to all departments concerned. 'Now that the house is on fire let's warm ourselves' Didn't seem viable though. — in Mumbai," Khan posted on Twitter.
The blaze was quickly brought under control after alert security guards called up the fire brigade, which rushed two fire engines to the spot.
In the picture: Shah Rukh Khan in Mannat. Photograph: Hitesh Harisinghani