Railways proposed to introduce 32 new trains including 17 Samparak Kranti Express linking several state capitals and different parts of the country with the Union Capital.
The proposed introduction of the new trains was announced by Railway Minister Lalu Prasad while presenting the Railway Budget for 2004-05 in Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
The seventeen Samparak Kranti Express trains are Poorvottar Express from New Delhi to Guwahati, Andhra Pradesh from Delhi (Nizamuddin) to Secunderabad, Bihar Express from New Delhi to Darbhanga, Chattisgarh Express from Delhi to Durg, Gujarat Express from Delhi to Ahmedabad, Jharkhand Express from New Delhi to Ranchi and Kerala Express from New Delhi to Trivandrum.
The other Sampark Kranti Express trains are Maharashtra Express from Delhi (Nizamuddin) to Mumbai (Bandra), Madhya Pradesh Express from Delhi (Nizamuddin) to Jabalpur, Orissa Express from Delhi to Bhubaneshwar, Rajasthan Express from Delhi to Jodhpur, Tamil Nadu Express from Delhi to Madurai, UP Express from Delhi to Chitrakoot, Uttaranchal Express from Delhi to Kathgodam, West Bengal Express from Delhi to Kolkata (Sealdah), Goa Express from Delhi to Madgaon and Uttar Express from Delhi to Udhampurm, to cater for Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana.
The frequency of Sampark Kranti trains will be decided depending on their patronage, Prasad said.
The other proposed new trains are:
- 1.Muzaffarpur-Ahmedbad Jansadharan Express (weekly)
- 2.Chennai Central-Nagercoil Express (weekly)
- 3.Muzaffarpur-Lokmanya Tilak Terminius Jansadharan Express (weekly)
- 4.Ramnagar-Moradabad passenger (daily)
- 5.Bangalore City-Bangarapet Express (daily)
- 6.Saharsa-Mansi passenger (daily)
- 7.Chararu-Takrala-Ambala Cantt DMU service (daily)
- 8.Chennai Egmore-Kumbakmonam Exp (daily)
- 9.Mysore-Dharwar Express (daily)
- 10.Chennai Central-Hubli Express (daily)
- 11.Chennai Egmore-Tenkasi-Sengottai Exp (after gauge conversion)
- 12.Jaipur-Agra Fort Express (after gauge conversion)
- 13.Delhi-Faizabad Express
- 14. Indore-patna Express via Faizabad (weekly)
- 15. Guwahati-Jhajha Express via Jasidih (weekly)
The railway also proposed to extend the destinations of the following trains:
- 1.9411/8412 Bhubaneshwar-Srikakulam Express up to Vishakhapatnam
- 2.8303/8304 Sambhalpur-Bhubaneshwar Express up to Puri
- 3.1 BSL /339 Bikaner-Bathinda passenger up to Abohar
- 4. 199/200 Jaipur-Bikaner passneger up to Suratgarh
- 5. 7029/7030 Hyderabad-Ernakulam Sabri Express to Kochuveli
- 6.2069/2070 Raigarh-Dongargarh Janshatabi up to Gondia
- 7.5711/5712 New Jalpaiguri-Asansol Express up to Alipurduar on one hand and Ranchi on the other.
- 8.9049/9050 Rajendra Nagar-Valsad Express to Bandra terminus
- 9. Two pairs of Mankapur-Katra passenger trains to Faizabad
It was also proposed to increase the frequency of the following trains:
- 1.1067/1068 Lokmanya Tilak Terminus-Faizabad Saket Express from weekly to bi-weekly
- 2.2313/2314 N Delhi -Sealdah Rajdhani Express from five to daily.
- 3.6507/6508 Jodhpur-Bangalore Express from weekly to bi-weekly
- 4.1017/1018 Bangalore-Mumbai Chalukya Express from tri-weekly to six days a week by cancelling 1049/1050 Dadar-Yashwantpur Exp (bi-weekly).
- 5. 3149/3150 Sealdah-Alipurduar Kanchankanya Express from tri-weekly to four days a week.