Video: Apple and jackfruit salad
Chef Vicky Ratnani shares this recipe of apple and jackfruit salad
Granny Smith Apple- 1/2 Each
Red Delicious Apple- 1/3 Each
Gala Apple- 1/3 Each
Jackfruit Ripe Peeled- 1 Segment
Carrots - 1/3 Each
Methi Sprouts - a little bunch
Sushi Ginger- 2 Slices
Fresh Coriander Leaves - Few
Green Chilly- 1 Each
Olive Oil- 2 Teaspoons
Sherry Vinegar- 1 Teaspoon
Cumin- a pinch
Chives Chopped- 1 Teaspoon
- Thinly slice and julienne of apples, carrots and sushi ginger.
- Set this aside in a bowl of iced water.
- Rinse and pat dry the methi sprouts.
- Peel the jackfruit, deseed and cut the segments out.
- Finely slice the green chilly and discard the seeds.
- In a bowl toss all the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the sherry vinegar, olive oil, cumin and seasoning.
- Add the chopped chives.
- Serve with poultry, pork, fish, and shellfish.
Recipe courtesy Washington Apple Commission and Chef Vicky Ratnani
Image: on Rediff iShare: Apple and jackfruit salad