Make summer fun with these simple recipes.
Asian Mango Pudding
Recipe by Chef Rakhee Vaswani, Owner, Palate Culinary Studio and Academy
- 125 gm mango ice cream
- 1 mango, chopped
- 7 gm gelatin
- 12 gm castor sugar (you may reduce or increase as per your taste and liking)
- Soak the gelatin in water.
- In a bowl take ice cream (melted), chopped mango and sugar. Mix well.
- Melt the gelatin and temper it. Add it to the ice cream mixture.
- Pour it in cups and set it for 3-4 hours.
Recipe by Chef Jason Hudanish, Xico restaurant
- 30 ml bacardi
- 30 ml tequila
- 15 ml lime juice
- 15 ml grapefruit rosemary syrup
- Top up soda
- Collin glass
- Fill a glass with ice. Add bacardi, tequila, lime juice and grapefruit rosemary syrup in a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain into the glass, stir in the soda and serve.
Beet The Heat
Recipe by Chef Amit Sharma, co-owner and chef at Poetry by Love and Cheesecake.
- 80 gm beetroot
- 60 gm pineapple
- 200 gm watermelon
- Mix all the ingredients and serve in a glass.
- This juice has a high level of natural sugars that are necessary for a hot summer. Watermelon also has 80 per cent water content that rejuvenates the body during hot summers.
Forest Mushroom Pizza
Recipe from Pranzi Ristorante and Lounge.
- 220 gm pizza dough
- 110 gm tomato sauce
- 140 gm mozzarella cheese
- 10 gm enoki mushroom
- 10 shimeji mushroom
- 60 gm fresh mushroom
- 1 ml truffle oil
- Few basil leaves
- Make a pizza base of 12 inches and spread some pizza sauce over it. Sautee different mushrooms before adding them as a topping along with mozzarella cheese.
- Put the pizza in the oven for maximum 10 minutes till the base is golden brown.
- Once the base is ready, slice it into 8 pieces and garnish it with hand torn basil and truffle oil.
Pollo Ala Marengo
Recipe by Chef Vinay, Executive Chef at All Elements Cafe and Home Decor.
- 180 gm chicken breast
- 1 medium-sized mango
- 15 ml LP sauce (Worcestershire)
- 5 gm mustard paste
- 3 gm thyme, cleaned
- 3 gm parsley, cleaned and chopped
- 8 gm (1½ tsp) salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 30 ml cream
- 30 ml white wine
- 120 gm broccoli
- 20 gm almonds
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
Marinate the chicken with LP sauce, mustard paste, thyme, salt and pepper.
Cut the broccoli in a flower format and boil.
Peel the mango and blend it with the blender
Sautee broccoli in garlic and herbs; put the marinated chicken to grill as well.
Make the mango sauce with mango pulp, cream and white wine.
Serve the chicken with almonds, broccoli and mango sauce.