'Pakistan and the jihadis's capacities have been diminished because of increasing dominance of our security forces.'
Police said that Pakistan-based Anees Ibrahim, who is brother of Dawood Ibrahim, was connected with the underworld operatives to execute the terror plan.
A seven-kilogram improvised explosive device (IED) was detected on Sunday near the crowded general bus stand area in Jammu, averting a major tragedy and a plan by terrorists to set off an explosion on the second anniversary of the 2019 Pulwama attack, officials said.
The packing of the improvised explosive device with RDX, used in the blast at Pune's German bakery has left forensic experts flummoxed as they were unable to find any remnant to identify the circuit used for detonating the bomb.
During a routine search in Baderwah town, troops recovered 40 kg of RDX in a lake in Baderwah town, which is surrounded by mountain.
The four, who are in jail since their arrest in 2013, had approached the high court in 2016 after a special court rejected their bail pleas in June that year.
Nine years after seven RDX bombs kept in Mumbai suburban trains exploded killing 188 people, a Special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act court is likely to pronounce its verdict on Friday.
Besides RDX, two pistols were also recovered from the duo, Shaheen and Shamil.
With the conviction of Bhoinkar, Abbas and Shahjahan, the total number of accused found guilty has risen to 35.
Mohammad Iqbal Rather, 25, a resident of Jammu and Kashmir's Budgam, had allegedly facilitated the movement of Muhammad Umar Farooq -- a member of the Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed and the key conspirator in the case -- after he infiltrated into the Indian territory in the Jammu region in April 2018, a spokesperson of the NIA said.
A key accused in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, Yakub Khan alias Yeda Yakub, is believed to have died in Karachi in Pakistan, as per information received by Mumbai Police.
Drones have added a new dimension to security threats from terror groups and investigations into the attack on the Jammu IAF station last month show the involvement of "non-State actors" supported by State actors such as the ordnance factory of Pakistan, Jammu and Kashmir DGP Dilbag Singh said on Tuesday.
Turk faces a sentence ranging from 5 years to life sentence or even death.
Mukhtiar Ahmed Khan, belonging to Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir, was arrested at the Azadpur fruit market at around 5 pm, a senior police official said.
The designated Terrorist and Disruptive Activities Act Court hearing the 1993 serial blasts case is on Thursday slated to pronounce its verdict on the involvement of those charged with transporting and planting RDX-laden scooters and other vehicles.
One accused was acquitted by the court.
Police recovered several firearms from Tarique, who is a member of Tehrique-ul-Mujahiddin.
Photographers Hitesh Harisinghani and Afsar Dayatar revisit the sites of the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts.
With these two convictions, the number of those found guilty in the case has risen to 81.
Uttam Potdar and Salim Mira Shaikh were held guilty of facilitating landing of arms and RDX at Dighi coast in Raigad in February 1993.
The probe into last year's Pulwama terror strike that left 40 Central Reserve Police Force personnel dead has virtually reached a dead end, with five persons, who were either conspirators or executers of the ghastly attack, being eliminated by security forces in various encounters. However, the case threw unique challenges for the National Investigation Agency, the anti-terror probe agency formed in the aftermath of the Mumbai terror strikes in 2008, as it there is no solid information about the perpetrators or the mastermind behind the attack.
Officials said a number of such photographs of badly mutilated bodies were being circulated and the development was brought to the notice of force officials after which the advisory was issued.
The NIA arrested Tariq Ahmed Shah and his daughter Insha Jan after investigation led to their house at Hakripora in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, where a video was filmed by Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorist Adil Ahmed Dar, who rammed an explosive-ridden car into the CRPF convoy. The video was released from Pakistan after the attack.
Officials said that 22-year-old Shakir Bashir Magrey, a furniture shop owner and resident of Hajibal, Kakapora in Pulwama, had provided shelter and other logistical assistance to suicide-bomber Adil Ahmad Dar.
The case posed unique challenges, such as a lot of evidence having blown to pieces in the suicide attack and seven accused being subsequently killed in encounters. However, the central agency used forensic tests including DNA profiling of the meagre evidence to breach the dead ends.
Waiz-ul-Islam, 19, of Srinagar's Bagh-e-Mehtab locality and Mohammad Abbass Rather, 32, of Hakripora village in Pulwama district were arrested by the NIA, the official said.
The Opposition claimed that Singh "cannot be a standalone carrier", with the Congress's leader in LoK Sabha, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, saying the question will now arise who were the real culprits behind the last year Pulwama attack. Taking a swipe at the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, the Bharatiya Janata Party's ideological mentor, Chowdhury said had police officer Davinder Singh been "Davinder Khan", the reaction of the "troll regiment of the RSS" would have been different.
Lt Col Purohit, it is now being reported quoting statements made by officers in the court of inquiry, had actually infiltrated Hindu radical outfit Abhinav Bharat while being posted at Pachmarhi in Madhya Pradesh to snoop in on plans to carry out terror strikes in India.
The driver and the cleaner of the truck escaped when the truck was stopped by police and CRPF personnel. But the occupants opened fire. One terrorist was killed in retaliatory fire. 2 others who escaped were neutralised later.
A suspected Lashkar-e-Tayiba militant arrested for allegedly planning to carry out bomb blasts in the capital was on Saturday acquitted by a Delhi court. Mukhtar Ahmed Khan, arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police in June, 2007, was acquitted by Additional Sessions Judge S S Rathi as the prosecution failed to prove its case.
In the wake of the haul of RDX in Haryana on Wednesday, the Centre has advised authorities in four metros, as well as Hyderabad and Bangalore, to remain on high alert, since there is a possibility of a terror strike strike during the festival season.
The detailed role of the six convicts in the case, whose trial was separated from the main one, which concluded in 2007.
Investigators probing Samjhauta Express blast case have claimed to have found evidence of right-wing activist Swami Aseemanand's alleged involvement in the 2007 terror act. "After the probe by the National Investigation Agency it is getting clear that Aseemanand and his accomplices were involved in Samjhauta blast," sources privy to the investigation said.
The recent haul of explosives at Ambala has kept investigating agencies on their toes ever since. Now, the probe agencies are not even ruling out the possibility of the Delhi high court blast being remotely linked to the seizure of 5 kgs of RDX from a car at Ambala earlier this month.
In a significant development, an eyewitness in the July 11, 2006 serial train blasts case, on Tuesday identified the alleged planter of the RDX laden bomb in the train that blasted at Matunga station in Mumbai.
In its verdict, the court had held 12 other accused guilty of various charges. Arguments for the quantum of sentence are likely to begin on Monday.
The Bombay high court on Thursday quashed the death penalty awarded to lone convict Himayat Baig in the 2010 German Bakery blast in Pune due to lack of evidence, but confirmed the life sentence imposed on him for possession of explosives.
The JeM terrorists also carried 'armoured piercing steel core ammunition' which can go through Level 3 protection bulletproof vehicles that police and other security forces use, they said. The ammunition was in large quantity and could have posed a grave threat, top police officials said.
Ammonium nitrate was used to trigger the car explosion near Jama Masjid which took place just hours after an attack there on a vehicle carrying foreign tourists, the police said on Monday. They said no RDX or detonator was used to carry out the explosion