New Zealand's visit to Zimbabwe in July has been postponed until June 2010 because of Prime Minister John Key's opposition to the tour. New Zealand Cricket (NZC) chief executive Justin Vaughan said the two boards agreed at an International Cricket Council (ICC) meeting in Johannesburg to postpone the three one-day matches due to the NZ government's lack of support.
Former England coach Duncan Fletcher said that he is "keen" on taking over as the coach of New Zealand, following the exit of Andy Moles. Fletcher, who works as an advisor with South Africa, has not coached full time since leaving England after the 2007 World Cup, The Dominion Post reported.
Both finalists could not be separated at the end of regular play as well as the Super Over, but England were crowned champions because they had a superior boundary count.
Satisfied with the deal being offered to it -- in the proposal to radically alter ICC's power equations in favour of India, England and Australia -- New Zealand Cricket has defended the BCCI's role in the revamp plan.
New Zealand Cricket officials said they expect to cancel this year's scheduled tour of Pakistan and play the series in a neutral venue in the wake of Tuesday's attack on the Sri Lankan team in Lahore. NZC chief executive Justin Vaughan told a New Zealand radio station on Wednesday the tour, scheduled for November and December, would not go ahead after six Sri Lanka players were wounded and eight Pakistanis killed when gunmen fired on the team bus on Tuesday.
New Zealand will bring forward the Test series against India by a week to accommodate an additional match with Napier added to the itinerary, media reports said in Wellington on Wednesday. In order to accommodate an additional Test match, as requested by the BCCI, New Zealand Cricket (NZC) has decided to add Napier to Hamilton and Wellington as venues for the Test matches in March-April this year, according to The Dominion Post.
Uncapped batsman Martin Guptill was named on Thursday in New Zealand's 12-man squad for the final two one-day internationals against West Indies.
Former Test cricketers Dayle Hadlee and Mudassar Nazar will join Rod Marsh at the ICC Global Cricket Academy (GCA) in Dubai to train and develop the best talent in world cricket. According to an International Cricket Council statement, both Hadlee and Nazar will relocate at the Dubai Sports City to take up their positions in early 2009.
Former India skipper Rahul Dravid began his third tour of New Zealand on a bright note, scoring a dignified 102 for Canterbury Wizards against Central Stags in a NZC first-class match at the Mainpower Oval, Rangiora, in Wellington on Friday.
All-rounder Jesse Ryder has been dropped from the New Zealand team and fined after missing a team meeting and training session following a late night of drinking. The aggressive left-handed batsman will miss the fourth one-day international against West Indies in Auckland on Saturday and his place in the team has been taken by Mathew Sinclair, New Zealand Cricket (NZC) said in a statement on Friday.
Ishant is returning to the Indian squad after recovering from an ankle injury sustained during a Ranji Trophy clash last month.
Former India coach John Wright has been touted as the first choice to replace John Bracewell as New Zealand coach after the New Zealand Cricket Board openly invited the former Kiwi batsman to take the reins of the senior side.
However, New Zealand Cricket said the door has been left open for the fast bowler to represent his country again in the future.
New Zealand Cricket described the Aussie hockey legend as 'a change agent' who made everyone realise the importance of becoming a world class performer.
New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori has injured his ankle and is a doubt for his side's Twenty20 matches against England next week.
"Our heartfelt condolences go out to the families and friends of those affected by the shocking situation in Christchurch. A joint decision between NZC and the @BCBtigers has been made to cancel the Hagley Oval Test. Again both teams and support staff groups are safe," the New Zealand cricket board tweeted on their Twitter handle.
The Kiwi batsman turned down the chance to represent his country so he can continue playing county cricket in England.
The decision to create a separate window for IPL has played a massive role in qualitative growth of New Zealand cricketers, believes former seamer and current national selector Gavin Larsen. Another practical reason of having an IPL window is fear of attrition, considering that the cricketing talent pool in a country like New Zealand would be limited with a population of barely 5 million.
Australian hockey ace Ric Charlesworth will join New Zealand Cricket as its high performance manager.
India's planned tour of New Zealand next year has been postponed until 2008 because of a scheduling clash with the World Cup
The Kiwi all rounder has been recalled to the one-day squad for the three-match series against Australia next month.
NZC chief executive Martin Snedden said he could understand India's reluctance to pluck their players out of domestic cricket to tour New Zealand.
The ICC announced the Emirates Elite Panel of umpires for 2014-2015, commencing from July 1, following the annual review and selection process.
Pakistan could pull out from December's tour of New Zealand if the Kiwis decide against travelling to Pakistan for the ODI series.
Craig McMillan, Lou Vincent, Scott Styris and Ian Butler will not be making the trip because of safety concerns.
Rahul Dravid is keen to spend a second season playing cricket in Scotland as he prepares to play his last two matches in 2003 for the Saltires.
Jesse Ryder and Doug Bracewell have been dropped from the New Zealand squad for the second Test against India starting on Friday as punishment for going on a late-night drinking session on the eve of the first Test in Auckland.
In order to raise the dwindling number of spectators in the stadium, the Board of Control for Cricket in India last week said it is all set to host its first-ever day/night cricket Test with the pink ball against New Zealand in October.
New Zealand cricketers Jesse Ryder and Doug Bracewell have been suspended by the country's cricket board after they were found hanging out for a late-night drinking session on the eve of the opening Test match against India.
Former New Zealand cricketer Chris Cairns expects to be charged with perjury this month by British authorities and will travel to Britain to defend himself, the player said on Friday.
New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum will skip tours of Zimbabwe and South Africa this year but will return to the side and be available until at least next year's World Twenty20 tournament in India, the country's cricket governing body said on Friday.
Nathan McCullum gets recall into Kiwi set-up for World T20; Nicholls gets call-up after good showing in series vs Pakistan
According to a report in the Indian Express newspaper, the decision to call off the tour was taken following Justice L M Lodha committee's direction to banks to freeze the accounts of the BCCI.
Anil Kumble was re-appointed as Chairman of the ICC Cricket Committee for a three-year term.
Cricket Australia have signed a four-year agreement with energy provider Alinta Energy, potentially laying to rest concerns over a financial fallout from the ball-tampering scandal in March.
All-rounder Jimmy Neesham and batsman Tom Latham have been named in New Zealand's team for the second Test against India after Jesse Ryder and Doug Bracewell were dropped for a late night drinking session in Auckland last week.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India's technical committee, headed by former India captain Sourav Ganguly, decided to have all Ranji matches from the coming season at neutral venues while inter-zonal system of the Duleep Trophy will be replaced.
New Zealand Cricket have promised to support Brendon McCullum after former Test all-rounder Chris Cairns was acquitted of perjury in London despite evidence given against him by the Black Caps captain.