Italy crash out of World Cup qualification for the third straight time, losing to Bosnia on penalties, sparking outrage and calls for sweeping changes.
Argentine striker Carlos Tevez has agreed terms to join Serie A champions Juventus from Manchester City, Italian media reported on Tuesday.
Carlo Ancelotti must steer AC Milan into the Champions League to ensure he is still their coach next season, chief executive Adriano Galliani said on Tuesday.
Short-term loan signing David Beckham is in excellent shape and could make his Serie A debut in AC Milan's first league match after the winter break at AS Roma next week, coach Carlo Ancelotti said on Saturday.
AC Milan said there are no plans to sell a stake in the soccer club to the Qatar sovereign wealth fund or other investors.
Former England manager Fabio Capello will take charge of the Russia team, Italian sports daily La Gazzetta Dello Sport reported on Monday.
Inter Milan manager Rafa Benitez delivered another of his famous statistically-led retorts on Monday to prove that his team were not suffering more than their fair share of injuries.
Fernando Alonso has a secret agreement to join Ferrari for four years from 2011, Italian sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport reported on Sunday. The twice Formula One world champion has never hidden his desire to go to the Italian team and Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo recently fuelled the ongoing speculation by refusing to rule out the Spaniard's future arrival.
Atalanta coach Gian Piero Gasperini has sought to clarify comments he made that suggested he had been suffering from novel coronavirus symptoms before and during the Italian team's Champions League last-16 second leg match at Valencia. Gasperini confirmed in the interview that he had since tested positive for COVID-19 from an antibodies test.
AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has targeted Didier Drogba, Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o or Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor as potential signings.
Prosecutor Giuseppe Tibis also intends to question McLaren team principal Ron Dennis, chief executive Martin Whitmarsh, engineering director Paddy Lowe and senior employees Jonathan Neale and Rob Taylor.
Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn said they contacted FIA after receiving photographic evidence at the Hungarian Grand Prix.\n\n\n\n
Italy's former leading referee Pierluigi Collina has said he is not in favour of the use of video officials. Collina appeared to come out in favour of video evidence in an interview, but he later clarified his comments.
Valentino Rossi talked with Ferrari about racing in the team's second car at next weekend's Formula One Italian Grand Prix but decided against it, the MotoGP world champion said. Ferrari instead opted for Force India's Italian driver Giancarlo Fisichella, who will race for the world champions for the remainder of the season.
AC Milan's maverick forward Mario Balotelli was caught smoking in the toilet on the train during the team's journey to Florence and will be fined, chief executive Adriano Galliani said on Sunday.
A meeting between McLaren bosses and an Italian prosecutor investigating Formula One's spying scandal will not take place on Monday as reported and no new date has been set, his office said on Friday.
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis knows "very little" about soccer and has a lot to learn about the game, said Roberto Donadoni, who was sacked as the Serie A club's coach on Tuesday.
'I don't think the departure of Schumacher or (technical director Ross) Brawn will change much,' said the Toyota driver.
'I brought up his sister and that wasn't a nice thing, that is true,' said the Italian defender.
Cristiano Ronaldo believes he changed the game by scoring 31 goals from midfield in the Premier League last season to win the European Golden Boot award.
'I said nothing to him about race, religion or politics. I did not talk about his mother either,' the Italian defender said.
Ferrari introduced their F2005 at the last race in Bahrain, advancing its debut in response to Renault's domination
Jose Mourinho hopes to return to soccer management next year in either Italy or Spain, the former Chelsea coach has said.
Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone said earlier in the year that the circuit near Bologna, which is looking for government funding to upgrade the facilities, would be making its final appearance on the calendar this season.
Former captain David Beckham will be in England's 2010 World Cup squad providing he is fit and playing regularly, manager Fabio Capello said on Monday.
Samuel Eto'o is desperate to give his new club Inter Milan instant payback when the Serie A champions take on Italian Cup winners Lazio in the Super Cup at the Bird's Nest on Saturday.
Robinho will stay with AC Milan next season and would like to complete 10 years at the Serie A club, the Brazil striker said on Friday.
AC Milan's Kaka has denied holding talks with Real Madrid and said he wants to stay with the Serie A club. Spanish media said prospective Real Madrid president Florentino Perez had agreed with Milan to sign Kaka in the off-season, having failed to attain the Brazilian when he was in charge at the Bernabeu.
Cristiano Ronaldo backed himself to win the 2008 Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards after inspiring Manchester United double.
Brazilian forward Ronaldo may use a stint at Flamengo to boost his fitness before returning to Italian side AC Milan. The three-times World Player of the Year was linked to a permanent move to the Rio de Janeiro club he supported as a child before suffering a career-threatening knee injury in February.
Luis Figo is ready to return for leaders Inter Milan at Catania on Sunday after missing three months with a broken leg.
Ferrari's technical director said the Finn is an exceptional driver who doesn't appear to make many errors.
The defending F1 champion expects the title to be decided by a last-race duel between himself and the Colombian.
The Formula One world champion sees McLaren as a potential threat to Ferrari's domination this season after David Coulthard's impressive times in recent testing.
Coach Didier Deschamps said that no more of his players will be leaving the club even if they have to play in Serie B next season.
"It's better to be a Ferrari test driver than to drive for an uncompetitive team," the Spaniard said.
Jamaica's triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt believes he can take the 100 metres world record down to 9.58 seconds and go below 19 seconds in the 200 metres.
Ferrari chief desigener Rory Bryne said the F1 champions would start next season with an interim version of their F2004 car.