Rediff.com  » News » Varanasi blast accused's house searched

Varanasi blast accused's house searched

Source: PTI
September 07, 2011 22:06 IST

The Uttar Pradesh Police Wednesday conducted searches at the native place Chandauli of Varanasi Sankatmochan bomb blast case accused in the aftermath of the Delhi blast.

A search was carried out at the house of Shameem in Launda-Jhansi village in Mughalsarai, Additional Superintendent of Police Rajesh Kumar said in Chandauli.

Sameen had been absconding for the past several years, he said. Villagers said mobile phones of family members had been confiscated by the police.

In Lucknow, Special DGP Brij Lal said Shameem had been absconding for the past four years. He said immediately after the blast in Delhi, a team of UP Anti Terror Squad was dispatched to the national capital to coordinate with their counterparts.

Brij Lal said security had been beefed up in and around the High Court benches in Lucknow and Allahabad.

Get Rediff News delivered into your Inbox.
Source: PTI© Copyright 2020 PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.
SHARE THIS STORY