Now that the Telangana state has taken birth with a chief minister at the helm, Vicky Nanjappa / Rediff.com gives a lowdown on the changes that people, who were once part of the united Andhra Pradesh, will go through
What will NOT change:
* Postal codes.
* Passport or Adhaar cards
* Calls between Telangana and Seema-Andhra will be local and not Standard Trunk Dialling. The STD codes would remain the same.
What WILL change:
* Registration number of vehicles: New vehicles in Telangana will be registered under the TG number plate where as old vehicles have been given up to 3 years to effect a change. However, this process needs approval by the Centre. Some feel that the boards should read TS instead of TG. This confusion has led to a complete stop of the registration Telangana since the past ten days.
* Liquor in Telangana will be sold with a pink label.
* All boards with Andhra Pradesh will now be changed to Telangana.
* The Taxpayer Identification Number in Telangana will now use the prefix 36. Those in Seema-Andhra will use 37.