Pakistan on Wednesday said that India had not produced witnesses belonging to the security forces before its Joint Investigation Team on the Pathankot terror attack.
In its first statement after the JIT returned to Islamabad following its visit to Pathankot and New Delhi, the Pakistan Foreign Ministry made no reference to media reports that claimed that the Pathankot attack was "stage-managed" by India.
The report had been sharply condemned in India as double-speak by ISI and Pakistani armed forces.
"The JIT visited the crime scene and also recorded the statements of some witnesses. However, the witnesses belonging to the Indian security forces were not produced before it," said the Pakistan Foreign Office statement.
Noting that the JIT visited India from March 27 to April 1 for investigating the "allegations" regarding the attack on Pathankot Airbase, it said the visit started with a presentation given by the Indian National Investigation Agency regarding its investigations so far.
"The JIT briefed the NIA on progress of investigations in Pakistan. Further investigations are underway," it said.
The statement said the visit took place "in the context of the cooperative approach being pursued by the government of Pakistan as part of its commitment to effectively fight terrorism in all its forms."
According to the Indian side, the JIT was provided all evidence pertaining to the attack, including the DNA of four terrorists, their identity as well as call records showing involvement of Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists behind the terror strike on the Pathankot airbase on the intervening night of January 1 and 2.
The gunbattle which lasted for more than 80 hours left seven Indian security personnel dead.