|Rediff India Abroad Home | All the sections|
Tata Group's big acquisitions abroad
January 31, 2007 11:58 IST
The acquisitions have meant that 30 per cent of the group's revenues today come from overseas operations.
Following are the major acquisitions by Tata Group companies in the past few years:
* Tata Tea acquires US-based Eight'O clock coffee company for $220 million (Rs 1,050 cr) in June 2006
* Tata Chemicals picks 63.5 per cent in UK's Brunner Mond Group for Rs 508 crore (Rs 5.08 billion) in December 2005
* Tata Steel acquires Millennium Steel of Thailand in December 2005 for $404 million (Rs 1,800 crore)
* TCS buys out Chilean BPO firm Comicorn for $23 million (Rs 107.02 crore) in November 2005
* TCS acquires Sydney-based FNS in October 2005
* Tata Technologies purchases INCAT International, UK in October 2005 for 91 million USD (Rs 411 crore)
* Tata Tea acquires Good Earth Corp in October 2005 for around $32 million
* Tata Auto Comp (TACO) takes over German auto components maker Wundsch Weidinger
* VSNL acquires Teleglobe International in July 2005 for $239 million
* Tata Steel buys Singapore's NatSteel in August 2004 for over Rs 1,300 crore (Rs 13 billion).
* Tata Chemical acquires Moroccan company Indo-Maroc Phosphore for Rs 166 crore (Rs 1.66 billion)
* Tata Motors picks 21 per cent stake in Spain's Hispano Carrocera for Rs 70 crore (Rs 700 million)
* Tata Tea buys Tetley, UK in February 2000 for Rs 1,870 crore (Rs 18.70 billion)
* Tata Motors takes over Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company of Korea in March 2004 for Rs 459 crore (Rs 4.59 billion).